05

𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖

It was dark and there were barely any lights emitting in the area.

"How am I supposed to pick some herbs?" Kazutora chuckled to himself.

It would be embarrassing to go back empty-handed, most likely he'll get judged by the woman.

"What if there's a bear?" he shivered at that thought. Shaking his thought that he might get eaten alive.

"Should I just buy medicine in the city for her?" hesitating with his decision. "What if I get caught?" he bit his lower lip.

"But what if she dies from high fever?" he worriedly said while picturing her in a coffin.

"Who says I'm gonna die?" a voice emerged from his back. He immediately turned to see who it is.

It was her standing with her evident puffy eyes. He was worried she might have heard his emitted words earlier yet her facial expressions didn't seem to be in a scared manner.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you rest up a bit?" he asked. "You should stay in the bed cause you have a fever."

"No, I'm not having any fever." she replied. "It's normal for our body to heat up after crying."

He remained silent and looks at her figure. She has thin clothes and no blanket with her. Her arms were crossed to prevent her from being cold.

"You're smart" he smiled and approached her.

"No... not really." her voice gave a hint of sadness. She looks at the cold ground and started to overthink herself.

Her mind was clouded that she didn't hear any shifting sounds which caught her off guard when Kazutora lends her the jacket he was wearing.

"Wear this or you'll really catch a cold this time"

She looks at him confused as to why would he lend a stranger a jacket.

"Wh-" she got interrupted by him.

"I don't want to hear any complaints" he shushed her and smiled.

"You like smiling a lot, do you?"

"I do. A habit of mine" he shifted his gaze towards the distant city lights. "What about you? Do you like smiling a lot?"

"Me? Oh, I rarely smile" she said and took a sit by the nearby bench.

"Why is that?" he genuinely asked.

"Personal reasons" he went beside her, standing like a guard.

"I see" he stayed quiet for a moment. "Aren't you gonna ask me?"

"For now, I won't." Y/N's eyes stared at the dark sky.

"Aren't you gonna tell your name?"

"Why would I?" her response was as cold as the winter snow. "It's not like I'm staying by your side" he chuckled at her.

"Yeah, you should probably head back home. I'm sure your family is worried about you"

"I'm not sure about that, they're worried that they'll lose their retirement plan" sarcastic tone blends in with her sincere words.

"So, are you still running away from them?" he was confused about her plan.

"Maybe, I might be dead in the morning, who knows?" she shrugged it off.