02

𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖

The bell rang indicating that recess just started,

everyone immediately got up from their seats and run towards outside.

It was the day to see their rankings after the examination. Y/N was not nervous for some reason as she was always nervous whenever this happens.

Everyone was there, bumping into one another and placing their index fingers on the board to trace their names and rank.

She went towards it as everyone made way for her, she looks at the first spot however it wasn't her name that was plastered on it. It was someone named Kisaki Tetta.

She unconsciously bit her thumb's nail as a habit of hers.

'Who tf is Kisaki Tetta? I've never seen that guy in our class'

"Miss Y/N" a voice behind her spoke.

The (h/c) haired girl craned her neck to see who was it. It was her adviser, she immediately greets her teacher.

"About your grades" the teacher started. Y/N immediately froze in her spot.

"You did great as always" she praised her but to Y/N's ears, it wasn't a compliment at all.

"Teacher, did I lose some points in one of my subjects?" she questions the teacher.

"I'm sorry to say this, but yes"

'Impossible...' her (e/c) eyes stared at the ground.

"Don't worry Y/N, there's still one grading left. This is the only time your rank got low" the teacher smiled at her to cheer her up however it wasn't working.

The teacher immediately bid her farewell to let Y/N be alone.

"What did I do wrong? Did I make some mistakes?" she asked herself.

While asking herself, she immediately thought of her uncle. He'll probably mock her grades if she goes back.

"That's right. I don't deserve to eat nor sleep." she convinced herself. "It was my fault for not studying hard... that's right, it was your fault" she refers to herself.

"If you weren't dumb enough, you could have secured your spot" she criticized. Her tears were about to fall on the ground as she kept her head down.

"You're stupid....a disappointment and embarrassment to your family" she clenched her hand as she keeps criticizing herself.

"Senpai...." a voice was heard. Y/N looks at the person who called her.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I..uhm..." he was shy, his tan skin did not complement his black hair. "I'm Kisaki Tetta" he introduced himself.

Y/N's pupils immediately shrunk as soon as she heard that name.

"Are you here to mock me?" she asked.

"N-no, I would never dare" he responded.

"Aren't you the guy who's two years younger than us and just transferred last month to our class?"

"Yes!" he immediately replied.

"Then that means you're special" she said. "Are you here to boast and rub that ranking of yours on my face?"

"N-no!" he was kinda offended by her statement.

"Get out...." she said.

"But..."