Lost

Vader boarded his Imperial Starship, the Executor and tried to submit a message to Naboo via Holovoid. To no avail. No response from his troops, not even a briefing or an update on [Name]'s activities as ordered. It had been two days since the last report.

Something was wrong.

Vader gathered a small army of Imperial soldiers and set the coordinates of his ship to Naboo. His captains and garrison in the Outer Rim could finish the job with the Cheecon fighters.

He sensed something was wrong with [Name]. Vader sighed. Just as he suspected... happiness for him could never last.

Vader arrived on Naboo with his Imperial fleet not long after. The trip from the Outer Rim territory was a long one, but hyperspeed hastened their arrival.

The fleet of Imperial Troops descended onto Naboo's landing platform and from what Vader could see, nothing seemed out of place. Civilians mulled about quietly, peacefully. The palace was standing... No invaders.

Vader treaded the platform of his ship, his eyes off into the distance, toward the villa. A line of troops followed, blasters in hand. Wary civilians exchanged curious glances.

Ace, the diplomat he met when he first laid eyes on [Name] greeted him.

"Lord Vader, back so soon?" he asked nervously.

"Spare me the small talk. Where is she?"

Ace coughed nervously into his fist then looked toward the villa.

"There was a fire..." he started.

Vader seized Ace by the throat, his fingers digging into the boy's skin. Ace choked and tried to pry Vader's fingers loose.

"What do you mean...a fire?"

Ace choked and Vader set him free.

"I don't know sir... there was a fire... we found troops outside of the villa... dead."

"Dead?"

"Shot. We left them as they were, pending an investigation, sir."

"And [Name]?"

Ace looked down. "We suspect the fire in her room was an act of arson."

"Take me to the villa," Vader ordered.

Ace walked... scrambled toward the villa sure to keep some distance between himself and the simmering Sith Lord.

The troops marched quickly and in unison. The sound of their feet was thunderous, like a cacophony of death, with Vader leading the way. They crossed the bridge just beyond the meadow, where the Sith Lord could see smoke charred windows.

He reached the crumbling stairs at the base of the compound and the first of the murdered troops. Shot, just as Ace informed him.

Vader barged into the house leaving his troops outside to search the parameters for criminals or evidence. He climbed the stairs, faster than he thought possible and hurried into [Name]'s room. He looked around. The walls were blackened from the burns. Arson indeed. This was no accident.

He opened her closet door. Her clothes were still there. Then he sensed it. He sensed her. She was still alive. There was also another scent in the room... an old familiar one though he could not place it. Someone from the Old Republic, of that he was certain.

Vader left [Name]'s room and joined the Imperial Troops outside of the villa.

"I want [Full Name] found. Leave no planet unsearched, no rock unturned. Understood?"

"Yes Lord Vader," a troop answered.

Why would she run away? He thought she was happy with their arrangement. In fact, she had even wanted to run away with him. He could almost see her through the force. A captive.

How else would he explain the dead troops? [Name] couldn't have killed them herself. She wouldn't have. Was this the new alliance rumored to exist in small pockets of the Republic? Were they going to use her as collateral? But who would know of her value to him?

Vader turned and gazed at the house again. So many good memories there... a shame he'll have to destroy it along with the rest of Naboo.