Changes

[Full Name] pressed her face against the soft pillows of her bed. Vader's bed. The one he pressed himself against as he strangled her into the cushions. How she survived was even beyond her understanding. But the little one was gone from the space just below her rib cage where the child once flipped and kicked the inside of her belly. She felt empty.
The bandages covering her neck and throat indicated some type of work had been done to sustain her. Unbeknownst to [Name], it'd taken several operations to repair the damage to her tissue and bone. Perhaps, she thought, Vader thought about what he'd done and tried to undo the damage. But could he bring the little one back? Was it even worth bringing her back now with her baby gone?

A servant droid wheeled into the room, a glass of liquid on its cart. It stood next to [Name]'s bed, its mechanical parts whirring softly. A steel arm left its chest box and a pair of claws opened to grab the glass, which it passed to [Name]. She pushed it aside dismissively, staring at the ocean view outside of her window. "I don't want anything. Go away," she whispered softly.

Vader watched from the plexi-glass sided wall, and [Name] was none the wiser. He stood with both arms across his massive chest, his mind a blank as he watched her. Commander Ixo stood at his side, a question on his face.

"Since you'll be leaving Your Lordship, should we prepare the patient for inner-space travel?"

"No."

"Then what shall we do with her, sir?"

"Take her wherever she wants to go. Give her whatever she wants at the Empire's expense."

"Anything?"

"Whatever she wants," Vader said.

Ixo coughed into a hand, staring out of the plexi-glass window with Vader. "Will you be going in to see her?"

Vader turned the black eyes of his mask onto the subordinate. "I'm sure Miss [Last Name] has no desire to see me."

"When has another's desire trumped your own, My Lord?" Ixo regretted the question as soon as it left his lips. "I-"

Vader waved a hand. "Business on the Imperial Isle. Remember my instructions. Take her wherever she wants to go. And whatever you do, be sure her whereabouts remain a mystery to me."

"But if you should change your mind-"

"This order should not be superseded by any others, not even by my own."

"Yes, My Lord."

Vader strode from the secret room, but not before one parting glance at the curling figure in the bed.

[Name] opened her eyes at the sound of a knock on the door. An Imperial Commander, judging by the badges he wore, stood on the other side of the room.

"Good Morning, my lady. How are things?"

"Spare me the small talk, Commander. What do you want?"

"Commander Ixo," he said. "Vader has informed me that you shall be leaving today."

"Ah, yes. Vader. What does he plan to do with me now?" There was a hint of bitterness in her tone.

"I've been instructed to take you wherever you want to go."

[Name] struggled into a sitting up position, fingers touching the bandages around her neck.

"Wherever I want to go? What's the catch?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

"None. Wherever I take you will be between you and I."

"Why?"

"It's what Lord Vader has instructed of me."

"And why does he trust you?"

"I'm a bit of an odd sort," is all Ixo said.

[Name] racked her brain. She couldn't go to Naboo. There was no Naboo. There was no temple. They were the only two places she'd ever known. She knew no one. For all of her colleagues and friends were dead.

Rea was a beautiful planet. Beautiful like Naboo, but with lots of water, ocean. She could simply stay where she is. Why would Vader come back anyway? He seemed to know better than to come near her. After what he'd done to her and their baby.

"I want a house," she said. "A big one. A majestic one."

"As you wish, milady."

"I want to live near the ocean here on Rea."

"Anything else?"

"Umm... a starship?"

"Done."

[Name] gave him a curious look. "My wardrobe will need replacing and I'll help getting about."

[Name]'s heart began to pace. What became of Clarme?

"Ixo, what happened to my friend Clarme? Did Vader do something to her?"

"She's left."

"She left me here?"

"Well... it's not my job to fill in the blanks. But I'll oblige you with answers just this once... I heard she bartered her life for yours. She's with the Emperor now."

"She did that for me?"

[Name] sighed. How much more could she stand to lose?

"Will Vader return to Rea?"

"I see no reason why he would need to. It would be difficult to keep on top of Empire business from this location."

[Name] nodded. "Thank you, Ixo. I await my discharge."