Proposal?

[Name] felt as though she were in heaven.

The water was delightful. And somewhere Vader waited for her. If he came that night, she would be fresh. Her body smelled of lavender and the soap she used in her hair smelled of Jasmine.

[Name] covered the top of her body with a hand then reached for a bath towel, struggling not to get out of the water. For some reason she still felt as though eyes watched her. She didn't mind so much if they were Vader's, but she couldn't be sure so she went to great lengths to cover up.

She walked into the adjoining room, her feet leaving wet little imprints across the plush carpeting.

Suddenly, [Name] paused mid-way, something on the bed catching her eye.

It was a beautiful cream-colored satin dress with intricate cream-colored lace and a matching headpiece. The headpiece looked like a tiara, except it would be worn on the forehead. Tiny little tear drop-shaped pearls hung from it.

[Name] gasped, hands covering her mouth. The towel around her body dropped to the floor.

Was this another proposal? [Name] began to hyperventilate.

She grabbed the towel and covered herself again. Her face had gone bright red as she leapt onto the bed and pulled the dress to her body to see if it fit.

It might be a little tight but she could work it over her form, she surmised.

A knock on the door snapped her back to reality. Not another Imperial trooper! she thought. Leave it to them to ruin the moment.

"Who's there?" she called.

"It's Clarme, dear. Is everything okay?"

"Clarme! Clarme! Come in!" [Name] called.

The young woman raced across the room and pulled a sleeping gown from a chester drawer. One the trooper gave her earlier. He said Vader sent it. She sighed. Vader didn't know what size she wore nowadays, but it would do.

Clarme walked in and saw the excited look on [Name]'s face.

"You were right!" [Name] exclaimed.

Clarme laughed and grabbed her by the shoulders, giving her a shake. "What? What is it?"

[Name] pointed toward the bed.

"It's a dress," Clarme noted.

"Of course it's a dress! But look what kind of dress it is."

Clarme pulled the gown from the bed and held it against [Name]'s form. "I could stitch this up, make sure it fits."

"Could you?"

"Wait a minute... it's a wedding dress," Clarme exclaimed.

She threw the gown aside and the women hugged. Clarme held [Name]'s face in her hands.

"I told you! I told you it would all work out."

"When? When do I wear this? Today? Tomorrow? In a week? Why hasn't he come to me?" [Name] asked.

"Maybe he'll come tonight," her friend said, wiggling silver-colored eyebrows.

"Clarme!" [Name] smacked the the old woman's hand then covered her flustered face.

"After Naboo I was so afraid, but now I know he still loves me."

"Who wouldn't?" Clarme added.

A knock on the door disrupted the ladies' excited chatter.

[Name] gave an exasperated sigh. "Come in!" she yelled.

An Imperial trooper stuck his head in the door.

It's dark out. Your Lordship has suggested you get your beauty rest. You'll need it," the man said.

"What is this dress? When do I wear it?" [Name] asked.

"Oh? Tomorrow night, Milady, before supper."

[Name] smiled and for the first time wanted to hug an Imperial Troop.

"Good night," [Name] said.

The troop saluted her then left the room.

"Well, it appears we've been issued not only a curfew, but a bed-time," Clarme noted somewhat ominously.

"I'm getting married tomorrow."

[Name] climbed into bed and Clarme hung the dress in the tiny closet on the other side of the room.

"And so you are," Clarme muttered proudly.

The old woman left and [Name] thought of Vader. She remembered the only time he ever said he loved her. Well, he didn't exactly say it…

They stood on the terrance outside of her bedroom, gazing at the parting sun.

She could see a reflection of the glowing gold orb disappearing behind the horizon in the eyes of his mask.

"I've enjoyed the time we've spent together," Vader announced.

He turned her toward him. This is when normal people kissed. But he wore the mask, so she settled for wrapping her arms around him as much as she could, laying her head on his chest.

"You've given me hope, [Name]. Faith that I can love again."

"Do you love me?" she asked, looking into the darkness of his mask again.

Vader was as still as the sun-shimmering lake beneath her balcony. His silence always meant "yes".

"I love you too," she said, laying her head on his chest again.

Vader slid an arm under legs and scooped her into his arms. He sat her on the ledge of the balcony and she leaned against him, knowing he wouldn't let her fall.