Past Loves

Bright morning sun reflecting on small ocean waves bid [Name] to wake.

She climbed out of bed and traipsed toward the large picturesque window and looked beyond to dry land.

Today was her big day. She felt a fluttering of her heart. She needed to see him. She missed him so. Why did he make her wait?

[Name] began to pace nervously back and forth across the room. She would have worn a hole into the carpet had she been wearing shoes, she thought humorously.

There were so many things to cover... like, the good news. How do I tell him? She wondered. What would he say about the months apart? Four long months. In that time he'd done so much damage. Was he still the Vader she left behind?

She craved him.

Vader told her she gave him hope. This admission gave her some hope. That the violence across the Republic would end. She could stop him, convince him to turn away from evil and tyranny. That's why fate brought them together... the force willed it. And she was strong enough.

Shortly after breakfast Clarme joined her and both of the women were glad for each other's company. Clarme wondered what Vader intended to do with her. Did he know about the emperor? Did the emperor ask him to keep her until he arrived? Did Vader even know of her marriage to the destested leader?

Clarme sat on [Name]'s bed and taught her how to weave little socks. [Name] found it difficult. She wasn't good with her hands. Not in that way.

The women laughed and talked of past loves. For Clarme, her first and only love was Senator Palpatine. She remarked on his face after the "accident", how much it looked like a hog's arse.

The women exploded with laughter, falling back on [Name]'s bed. It was the best day ever.

The younger of the women could never speak that way of Vader. She thought him beautiful... but strange how both men had been scarred on the same day ten years ago. The women ate lunch together, and chatted for the rest of the afternoon.

But as dusk set in and the sun began its descent into the horizon, [Name] slipped into the bath in preparation for her big day. When she was done, she smelled of lavender and jasmine.

[Name] dressed quickly, sliding into her undergarments, a slip, and finally the beautiful cream colored gown.

When that was done she gave her face a delicate paint.

She wore a touch of eyeshadow, a small dust of rouge...and lipstick on her lips. She wanted to look dainty, not overly made up as they did in Naboo.

Just as [Name] slipped the headpiece onto her head, a crowning moment, the door opened.

"Vader!" [Name] exclaimed.