Indigo

[Name] sat on the edge of the balcony, legs hanging over the other side. What a pair of sorry sods they were. She wondered what life would have been like had they met under different circumstances. If he weren't a Sith Lord, and she hadn't previously been a Padawan all those years ago. Or would they have met at all?

Was it too much to ask that fate not be so cruel? That it was not so cruel to Mark V?

Vader's mask emitted a sigh. For a moment, [Name] looked as though she might jump over the ledge. But where would she fall but only a short ten feet?

A gentle ocean breeze tousled her hair about her head. She gazed into the distant horizon, into the starless indigo colored sky, and listened as the waves banked against the shore.

Vader, having controlled his breathing now, stood behind her and after a moment quietly wrapped his arms around her and gazed quietly into the night.

This is the man he was. Violent. Prone to angry outbursts. Intolerant. Sullen. These were also his flaws. But on the other hand he could be fiercely loyal, and in being so he expected such loyalty in return. He was fearless, willing to rise to a challenge regardless of how mountainous. He was strong, intelligent, mature and methodical. These were his virtues.

The conflicting aspects of his personality were the reasons why she loved him. Why she didn't stop loving him after all he'd done to her. After what happened to Mark V. Why she wanted to marry him five standard months ago.

This was the reason why she had already forgiven him. This was the reason why she waited for him to come back - when he finally elected to forgive himself.

The question she pondered over was, could every day be her last should he misinterpret something or is led to believe something other than the truth?

"Never again," he answered, sensing her thoughts.

A gloved hand touched the bandages of her neck. How ironic, he thought... that he would leave her so gravely wounded that they now shared a similar condition. A condition which afflicted [Name]'s ability to breathe soundly. Her condition was not as severe as his. But it was severe enough that she likely required a separate breathing apparatus to protect her as she slept.

How convenient that he used such an apparatus for sleeping purposes. How convenient that when he was with her, that he actually slept?

Vader pulled her from the balcony and carried her across the terrace, through the living room, over the splintered door, down the stairs of the villa, toward the Executor, where dedicated troops stood in a line on each side, back stiff, arms at their sides as Vader marched, long black cape flapping in the wind. He carried her up the platform then set her down, bare feet touching the cold steel floor as he closed the hatch behind them.

Forgiveness is the key. It was always the key. And with it she opened the cage to his heart... shaping his destiny and what was to come in the following years - setting him upon the lighted path to redemption thereof.

The ship lifted and carried them yonder, to a place of endless suns, endless stars, endless time, and endless love...

The End.

A/N: I am so thankful for everyone who came on this journey with me, and I really hope you enjoyed my story. <33

ALTHOUGH THIS IS THE END OF THIS PART, YOUR STORY WITH VADER ISN'T OVER, THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE SEQUEL TO VADER'S NEW LOVE
WILL BE POSTED ON THE 15th AUGUST :)