Why TF You Lyin

You know that kid that you went to elementary school with who would lie about the most ridiculous of things? I go to school with a girl like that.

Except we're in high school.

We'll call her S. She says she's fifteen, but she looks kinda young for her age. I know that happens sometimes, and I've definitely known people who look either older or younger than they actually are, but considering how much she lies about everything else, not to mention how immaturely she acts, I have my doubts that she's as old as she claims. If she really is fifteen, then that makes her behavior even more reprehensible.

She used to be in my math class, and she became my friend after we happened to start talking after class and we were able to strike up a conversation about anime. (I've pretty much long left my weeb phase, but I do enjoy talking about certain animes I like from time to time.) I thought she was a pretty nice girl, and I couldn't find any real red flags until one time the seating chart changed.

I ended up at a desk group with her and two other people, J and L, who would later become my friends. I got along pretty well with the other two, but then at one point after class, S pulled me off to the side and told me that they were both liars and not to be trusted. I asked her how she knew this, and her explanation was pretty much "just trust me". Obviously, I didn't take it seriously and I continued being friends with J and L.

Here's where it starts to get weird. You're gonna wanna bear with me for this.

In December, she told our desk group about how she was going to Japan over holiday break for a "cosplay thing". I thought that was kind of weird, but I thought I'd just leave it at that. She then told us about how she was going to see her ex-girlfriend who moved there a while ago. Strange thing to do for Christmas, I thought, but not the most far-fetched thing ever.

Then she said that her ex is eighteen years old, and then she went into this whole story of how they broke up because her girlfriend cheated on her, and then they had this physical fight because S wasn't on her meds, and S hurt this grown ass adult so badly that she ended up in the hospital. Yeaahhhhhhhh no I don't think that happened. Also apparently they're friends again because S felt bad. Logic aside, wouldn't both of these girls have several legal charges on them that I've heard nothing about?

After that, we started getting annoyed with her because she wasn't doing her work like everyone else in the group. J and L have a habit of getting distracted, but they were actually trying to be productive, at least. S would just sit there and write things on very rare occasions, usually opting to draw instead even though most of our math work is meant to be group assignments.

One time we called her out on it, and do you know what she said? No really, take a wild guess.

*Jeopardy music plays*

Did you get it? Okay, here it is:

She said she couldn't read.

Like, that she was literally illiterate, and she deadass just could not read.

While she was sitting in a high school math 1 classroom.

Minutes after she had just written down whatever on her other paper.

Of course, when she called her out, she said that no, actually, she couldn't write either, even though we just saw her do it. Her excuse was that she was just copying down what we were doing, but obviously that was bullshit, so my friends started laughing because she was being absolutely ridiculous. Then she started fake-crying and tried to gaslight us into feeling bad for her, because apparently we were making fun of her for struggling (bitch no we're laughing because you're a stupid lying ass) and honey. I've been gaslit before. It works at first but I've learned to realize what's going on pretty quickly.

After this failed to work on anybody, she didn't acknowledge anyone or utter a single word for the rest of class, because she has the emotional maturity of a toddler.

Also, she made fun of me when I would get stressed and frustrated while doing my work, which obviously made it worse. She literally says she has anger issues herself, so I cannot for the life of me understand why she would do that. Whenever she did I just wanted so badly to yell at her to shut the hell up, but thankfully I at least have more self-control than that.

Thankfully, this semester, she was forced to transfer math classes because she wasn't doing any of her god damn work. I don't have any other classes with her, so now I only occasionally see her outside on campus. We say hi, and that's the on,y real interaction we have nowadays. I'm glad I don't have to deal with her toxic bullshit anymore.

(Also several of my other friends have classes with her apparently, and they all despise her as well lmao)