S4) The Big Bad Immortal

4 x 15 ~ Everything That Can Be Lost Can Also Be Found __________________________

__________________________

Kaeden's POV

"Where the hell am I?" I asked the creature before me, its head tilted to the side as it gazed down at me, I turned and looked back at the woods, only to see a dark eeriness settling on it, I turned back to the creature and took it in form, the scythe in it's boney hands, the boat floating beside it on the lake, Dr. Saltzman description of limbo came back to me which made a knot form in my stomach, I looked up at the creature again, "Is this Limbo?"

The creature made a faint noise, like it couldn't or wouldn't speak. I was even more confused now.

"Am I dead!?" I asked, but instead of an airy, non-verbal response, the creature raised it boney hand and waved a finger in my face, I furrowed at it, I sighed and shook my head, "Then what? How am I here?!"

The hand raised and it pointed away from me. I followed its direction towards the forest again.

"Am I supposed to go that way?" I asked as I turned to face it again, and it nodded at me, I scoffed, "Has anyone ever told you, you're quite the conversationalist?"

I rolled my eyes at the creature, before I turned and made my way towards the woods. It was dark, and colder than expected, but I kept walking forward, until I made my way into a clearing, and I saw people.

I kept walking, until I found myself in a crowd of people, and weirdly enough, back in Mystic Falls, which made me even more confused, as to why the place where the dead go before passing on, looks like the town where I go to school. There were people walking every which way, looking dazed, or mumbling to themselves, dressed in different clothes from different periods of time, like someone held a Decade Dance but no one chose a theme.

"Hello?" I tried to say to a man, but he walked straight pass me, like he couldn't see me, I turned and saw a woman dressed in a Victorian dress coming towards me, "Excuse me!"

Nothing, she just kept walking. I tried again and again, but no one stopped to listen. I turned in the crowd and spotted the large figure of a someone walking away from me, I pushed through the crowd, making my way to the person, and when I was close enough I tried out and grabbed his arm.

"Excuse me!" I called out and the person stopped immediately, I sighed as the sign of acknowledgement, "I'm sorry, but I'm confused and I have no idea how I got here, I mean I know this is limbo but..."

My words begun to trail off as the person's body become to shiver, then a low growl came from them.

"...I think I need help?" I muttered as I slowly released the person and stepped back, the person's head turned to the side, and I realized it wasn't a person at all, but a monster, one I had only seen once, but I remembered like all the others, the monster turned and fell onto all fours, sizing doubling to three times my own size, a large hunch on it's back, eyes red as blood, fangs and claws, and a long, ugly snout, "You're a Shunka, and you eat werewolves... and I'm a werewolf, it's that lovely,"