My name is Kaeden

My story like many others is about the so called villains of our story. The witches, the vampires, and the werewolves have been seen as the evil ones of this world we live in, but what happens when the story is told from a different angle. What happens when the main protagonist is the main villain of your story, well let's follow the story of Kaeden and let's find out.

My name is Kaeden Morales. I come from a family of witches, well my mother's side are the witch while my dad's is different. We are descendants of African witches and warlocks, and you all should how history goes, from black slaves to free people. Witches in the Caribbean were almost one of kind. But anyways, my family is like many other witches covens, we use magic like them but we don't use ancestral magic.

Everyone in my family learned to use magic from a young age, also we are all taught by older family members. My great grandmother taught my grandmother and her sisters, to my gran teaching my mother and my aunts, to them teaching their children.

However I was born years after my brother and my cousins. Nine years later to be exact so I wasn't raise and taught with them. My brother and I are half siblings, same mom different dads but that never change the fact that we're family. They were older and more experienced so when I started to learn, they all teased me so it made learning slow but what was really hindering my magical was my anger issues. My mother decided only to teach me locators, boundaries, healing and a few cloaking spell, just in case I ever lashed out and harm anyone.

My anger came from my father side. He's a werewolf, and so are my uncles, my cousins, and my grandmother on his side. I was the only one om their side of the family, who hadn't activated the werewolf curse, so it was awkward being the black sheep around a family of wolves. My magic powers were the only thing that allowed me to keep up with they're werewolf abilities. My family helped make up the pack of werewolves, which was very large to say the least pack, so due to a long family history and birth rights my dad was our alpha.

That was my life for sixteen years, until one night, I went to a party with my friends, and there was this one girl. She was annoying and always in my personal space. I wanted nothing to do with her. However she kept bothering me , and it was in frustrating. It made my blood boil to the point, that whenever she came around, I would instantly become angry.

That's when it happened, that night at the party, I couldn't take it anymore, the loud noises, flashing lights, the smell of alcohol and teenagers' sweat, it all mixed together and honestly I could't take it anymore. I stepped outside to be alone and get some fresh air, everything was slowing down and I started to feel fresh again, until she came out to "talk" to me.

Her voice, her body language, the condescending way she would look at my clothes, it made my skin boil with anger, my brain became clouded as all I wanted her to do was "shut up, forever". I tried to walk away but she kept following me, whilst she went on and on about herself, the party and the way how I was such a freak.

So I snapped and lashed out, my magic and wolves anger mixed together making a nasty combination. My magic flew off me and collided with her, snapping her neck in one quick moment, her body stood still then fell to the ground with a loud thud, that I was sure someone heard. Panicked ensued me, I placed a cloaking spell on myself and ran away. When I got far from the body I call my mother and told her I wanted to leave. I just killed her but some small part of me was kind of glad she was dead.

The next day, the news got around of the girl. I told my mom it was me, but she was more shocked and scared, about the fact that I had activated my werewolf curse and not the fact that I had committed murder. She was panicking, saying stuff about the full moon, and how we need help, from someone named 'Alaric Saltzman'.