13 Reasons Why My Friend is Gender-Bent Tsukishima Kei

It came all in one big rush one night. No, I'm not talking about true love or a tsunami. It was three A.M. on a Friday night. We were sugar high. We were the best versions of ourselves that we could be. The height of humanity's brain power rested in our hands. And guess what we did with that brain power. We spent it on anime.

Oh yes. This is what best friends do at three A.M. We took a few quizzes to find out who our anime husbands would be, we looked at questionable fan art of said anime husbands to convince ourselves that our results weren't so bad, and attempted to study for the Latin Convention the next morning. Or, wait, technically that morning. We didn't get very far with that. *nervous laughter*

Now if you've never watched the anime Haikyuu!! or if you don't remember names very well, this chapter may be a challenge for you to understand. If you don't care about watching the show, please skip this chapter so you don't fill the comments with "Um, could someone explain this to me?" because that's kind of annoying. If you are interested in watching this show sometime, please stick around so I can convince you to watch it.

Pretty much the show is just about teenagers in various schools competing to win the Japan national volleyball championship. It's mainly entertaining because of the pure comedy gold in it and the character development. You get really attached to certain characters and pray for them to win. It's like watching sports but better because you get to see the backstories for these kids who you relate to more.

Now why do I bring up Haikyuu!!? Because I believe that my friend Laney is the gender-bent version or cross dimension doppelganger of one of the characters named Tsukishima Kei. Here is a photo of Tsuki so you can have a basis for what I'm talking about.

Now that you can put a name to a face, let me explain how this came up

Now that you can put a name to a face, let me explain how this came up. After me and Laney had done the Haikyuu!! husband quiz, (I can put a link to the one we did if you're interested) we were discussing the results. I had gotten Tanaka and she had gotten Kageyama. I felt bad for getting Tanaka because he (manga spoilers haha) gets married to Kiyoko in the end, so I felt like she was being cheated on or something. (Idk what exactly my reasoning was at the time because it those were not my best hours but whatever that's how it went)

She was completely happy with Kageyama as her result because she thought that he was at least chill. (I'll be honest with you, I really like Tanaka as a character and I think we'd be good friends in real life if he existed. I know for a fact that Kageyama would either like each other a lot or would hate each other's guts with a burning passion. There wouldn't be an inbetween. ) However, the subject changed when I brought up who we actually found attractive in the show. Her answer shocked me stupid.

"I think that Ushijima is actually pretty good looking." She had said, with no laughter to suggest a joke.

Think about this. Ushijima is that one guy at the very end of the season that is considered to be the last rival, ok? He is extremely serious, he doesn't smile much, and thinks that puns are the lowest form of comedy. Which they are not, in my mind. He is brown haired, very built, kinda blah all in all. Here is another picture for context.