chapter 10

NIFEMI'S POV

"I'm tired", I whined as we walked down the large hall. "Not yet, we haven't gotten you new sets of underwear and bra", she said as we approached a Victoria secret shop.

Oh God, what did I do to deserve this?

I'm sure we've spent like thousands of dollars on these clothes we've bought. I didn't want much clothing. I'd just clothes for the season and some things for Hope.

We greeted the cashier and I followed Ariana to the panties section. "I'm not wearing that!", I spat as she raised up a g-string. "Why?", she pouted. "There's no point in wearing it. It feels like I wore nothing at all", I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Do you wear it?", I asked and she shrugged. "If you're going to get laid, you'll at have to need one", she pressed on and I groaned. "Just one, only one", I pointed out and she nodded.

The rest of my panties were lacey with matching bras. I was already tired and hungry. We've been shopping for three hours. This is why I have no friends, I wasn't into all this going out shit. My mom often complained about my lack of social skills but my dad always stood up of me.

I missed them so much!

"I can see you're tired, let's get you something to eat", Ariana chuckled as we walked out. "Finally", I cried out and she laughed as we walked towards Starbucks.

We ordered cheeseburgers and smoothies before leave. Did I forget to mention that we paid for all of these with Nico's credit card.

I felt guilty because of all the things we had to buy and the cost. But then again, he's the Mafia boss.

Hehe

"Do you think Nico would allow me to work?", I asked Ariana as we approached the car. Marco was standing beside it looking at us with amusement. Of course he'll look at us like that! We're carrying millions if shopping bags in our hands.

Okay that's an exaggeration, Nifemi.

"Did you guys buy the whole mall?", he mused as he help us put the things in back of the car. "I wish we could", Ariana said and I giggled. We got in the car and he began to drive.

Ariana turned to me, "I'm not sure. I don't think so, he wouldn't really let you out of house without a bodyguard". I snorted and rolled my eyes. 

We drove back to the mansion. "Thanks, Marco", I said as we walked into the living room. He was helping us carry a few of our bags. The first thing that caught my attention was the Baby Shark song. My eyes landed on the large screen TV on the wall with Baby Shark displaying on it.

I nearly laughed as I saw Hope trying to sing along with the song. She was sitting on Nico's lap while he typed away on his phone. Everytime she nearly fell , he'd use his long leg to prevent her from falling.

"He looks like a daddy", Ariana whispered into my ear and I laughed. "Welcome back", Nico said acknowledging us. "Thanks", Ariana said and turned to face me. "Let's go drop this in your room", she said and I nodded. Marco helped us take the things to my room and we thanked him before he left.

I went back downstairs to see Hope cuddling Nico. She was babbling to Nico and he was pretending to be having an actual conversation with her.

"You liked it, huh?", he asked her. She nodded and babbled again. I smiled and walked into the living room. "I see you're having a good time together", I said gaining both their attention. "She's a good girl", he said as I sat beside him.

My baby girl babbled happily as she wiggled her arms towards me. I chuckled and pulled her from his lap. "I thought it was Marcel that was supposed to watch over her", I said as I kissed Hope's cheek making her laugh.

"He had to check something out", he answered as he brought out his phone. "Nico?"

"Hmm?", he answered. "I need a job", I said and he looked at me with a frown. "For what?". "I want to earn money", I said as I balanced the baby in my arms. "You don't need a job. Use my credit card to do whatever you want to do", he said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't like depending on people. I don't want to be using your credit card every time I want to buy something", I said and he scoffed. "Use it whether you like it or not. You're not working and that's final", he said and I frowned. "What if I want to leave?", I asked.

"You're not leaving. The only way you'll ever leave us through death", he said and I glared at him. This mother fucking bitch.

"Did you get a dress for the gala?", he asked. "Yes, I did", I said and stood up. "Be ready by eight", he said and I nodded before walking out. At least asking was worth a try.

*****

"I'll die in these heels", I wailed as I stared at the pair of deathtraps on the bed. "Stop being a baby and put them on", Ariana said with an eye roll. "I'll die", I whined. "No, you won't. Put them on, now", she demanded and I groaned. She's acting like my mom.

"Whatever", I huffed and went to sit on the bed before strapping them on. "I can't walk in them", I whined as I stood up. I almost face planted the groaned if not for her grip on my arm. "Stop being a child", Ariana rolled her eyes and I sighed.

I gently walked to the mirror to see my reflection. "Nico won't be able to keep his hands off you", Ariana teased making my face heat up. I looked at my reflection and smiled. I looked like a woman, not a girl.

My large black curls were straightened and now straight stopping at my mid back. I never liked mascara or eyeliner because I always had long lashes, so I had minimum makeup on. I didn't like lipsticks, only lip glosses.

The red dress I was wearing was floor length and hugged every curve on my body. It was an off shoulder with a slit starting from my right mid thigh. According to Ariana, that was the standard dressing for Mafia Don's dates or women.

"Are you ready?", she asked and I nodded before following her outside. If I never liked three inches heels, I was I supposed to like six inches heels? I felt like I was going to break my legs as I walked. Thankfully, I didn't fall as I walked down the stairs.

"Hope may sleep through the night but if she wakes up, just give her milk and she'll sleep off immediately. But check her diapers first", I said to Ariana as we walked towards the two tall men talking.

My heart raced as we approached them. What if he says I look like a prostitute again?

Then I'll carve his eyes out with my heels

"We're here!", Ariana announced our presence making them turn around. "Sembra sexy, femminile", Marcel teased and my cheeks heated. (Looking sexy, girly). The only word I caught there was sexy. Ariana narrowed her eyes at him while Nico rolled his eyes.

His eyes took in my appearance and I felt naked in front of him. "Okay, let's go", he said and turned to leave. I stared after him in disbelief. Not even a nod if acknowledgement? I felt hurt.

It's not like as if I dressed up for him

I muttered a bye to Ariana before walking after him. Something was telling me tonight wasn't going  to pretty.

NICO'S POV

Fucking hell! I really wanted to drag her to my room and fuck her brains out immediately I set my eyes on her. Her hair wasn't curly, it was now straight making her look ten times hotter.

The dress made her tasteful curves pop out in the most alluring way. The little cleavage exposed could make me go mad at just one glance. Not to mention the beautiful brown skin that was exposed on her right thigh.

I'm totally fucked up.

If anyone touches her, they're dead