chapter 14

NIFEMI'S POV

I was busy humming a tune while I changed Hope's diapers when the door opened and Nico walked him. I chose to ignore him and continue what I was doing but it was harder.

"I need to talk to you", he said for the first time in three days. Yes, three good days. Ever since the day his sister's visited, he refused to talk or even look at me. At first, I didn't take it well but later, I left him alone. He could do whatever he wanted.

"We're talking", I said and I could feel his penetrating gaze on me. "You need to train", he said and I looked up to face him. "For what?", I asked. Hope wanted to sit up so she could see him but I held her down. Don't look at him yet!

"Being attacked comes along with the package of marrying the Mafia Don", he said. "I thought you didn't want to marry me", I narrowed my eyes at him. He rolled his eyes, "Ariana will bring your training clothes. She'll be teaching you how to through a knife and other sharp objects. Lucas and Marco will take turns to teach you how to shoot a gun and Marcel will teach you hand to hand combat", he said and I glared at him.

"You will start tomorrow and no, you don't have a say. It's been decided", he said before walking out an shutting the door. Feeling helplessly angry, I turned to my daughter who looked at me with curious eyes.

"You think he's mean?", I asked her. She gurgled and I glared at her. Don't tell me you're supporting him. You're my daughter!

I sighed and helped her sit up. "Sometimes, I wonder what's going through his head, do you?", I asked her. She gurgled and I nodded.

****

The next day I was woken up early by Ariana. I cleaned up and got dressed in a pair of gray yoga pants and a gray sports bra. Thankfully, the sports bra was my perfect size or my breasts would spill out.

"We're going to learn how to hold a knife before throwing it", Ariana said as we walked to the training room. I frowned, "Why do we even throw knives?". "Sometimes, it's better to throw knives than to shoot guns", she shrugged and I nodded.

We walked into the room and I gawked at the large area. This room was totally different from the gym. There were different equipment that had different purposes. An area was separated for throwing darts but the darts were knives abd sharp objects.

Another space had guns and snipers while another area had other things. This room had the vibe of a slaughter house. It felt like I was going to attend military school.

"So, we hold the knife like this", she picked up a knife at the base with her thumb and index finger and leaned it backwards so the tip was facing up. "And then push all your strength into and throw but don't forget to aim", she said threw the knife. It hit the bull's eye and my eyes widened.

"Now, you try", Ariana handed me a knife. It was lighter than normal knives. "Don't forget to aim", she said after I obeyed her instructions. I nodded and eyes the red dot on the circle. I threw the knife. It hit the red dot but it fell.

What a nice bruise to my ego.

"That was a nice throw", Ariana said and went to pick up the knife. After three more tries, I got the hang of it and the knife hit any spot I threw it at. I felt accomplished.

"Did you see that!", I grinned at her. She giggled and suggested we played a game. The person with the highest number if throws got to be the boss while the other would do anything she asked.

At the end of the games, I won. "Nah, don't worry. I'm not used to being the boss", I said with a laugh and she rolled her eyes.

The door opened and Lucas walked in. "Hey ladies", he greeted with a boyish smile. "Hey, Lucas", we greeted back. Ariana bid us bye and left while Lucas turned to face me with a grin.

"Ready to learn the thrill in shooting a gun?", he asked and I narrowed my eyes at him. "There's a thrill in shooting a gun?", I asked and he grinned.

Half an hour later, I was happily wasting bullets shooting dummies and other target objects. This was surprisingly fun. "I can't believe I'm doing this", I said to myself as I shot my last target object. "You're a fast learner", he commented and I nodded proudly.

I handed him the gun and massaged my wrist. "Damn, this gun is heavy", I groaned and he laughed. I glared at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Once you get the hang of it, you'll forget how heavy the gun is", he said and I scoffed. "Forget my foot". "Are we done for the say?", I asked and he nodded making grin. "Bye, sucker!", I yelled and ran towards the door. His laughter was the last thing I heard before running out if the room.

A relieved sigh left my mouth as I ran to my room. I opened the door and went to lay on the bed. I wasn't really sweating but I could feel myself stink.

"Yuck", I frowned and went to take a shower in the bathroom. I changed into a pair of leggings and a large swollen sweater before going downstairs to the kitchen where Ariana and Hope were.

Hope was on the floor crawling anywhere she liked while Ariana was busy making lunch. "Need help?", I asked. She looked at me and shook her head. "How was your lesson?", she asked. "I shot and enjoyed it but the gun is heavy", I said and she giggled. "They're made of heavy metal", she said and I rolled my eyes.

I went to kneel a few feet in front of Hope. She looked at me with her brown eyes and gurgled. "Come to mommy", I cooed and she giggled before crawling. "Go baby go, go baby go", I chanted earning a laugh from Ariana. Hope reached me and I tickled her before standing up.

Then I decided to tease Ariana a little. "So you and Marcel, huh?", I teased and her ears turned red instantly. I let out a laugh and she glared at me. "You guys do the dirty all the time?", I asked and the knife nearly fell down. "Nifemi!", she bellowed and I laughed harder. Hope, not wanting to miss out started laughing along with me.

Ariana faced her with a pout. "Don't join your mommy", she said and Hope flashed her a sheepish toothless grin. "You guys look hot together though", I told her. "Thank you. So do you and Nico", she said and I glared at her. Now, it was her turn to laugh.