chapter 21

I was tired by the time we got home, I was beyond tired. My legs were hurting and I was already having cramps. "You look like you want to cry", Isabella pointed out as we walked up the stairs and I nodded.

"My body is aching!", I whined. I nearly sprinted to my room when I spotted the door. We got in and I made for the bed. I plopped down on it and let out a dramatic sigh. The girls laughed at me and my own daughter joined them.

That's right, Hope. Keep laughing at mommy.

"We'll put the bags here and leave you to rest," Mariana said. "Thank you," I yawned and buried my face in my pillow. "Mama". I could feel warm tiny hands touching my cheeks. I mental rolled my eyes at my daughter's wanting to play.

"Not now, baby. Mommy wants to sleep," I mumbled into the pillow. "Let's go play downstairs," I heard Ariana say as Hope was lifted off me. Later, I heard the door open and close.

I opened my eyes and raised my head to see nobody in my room. "Finally," I moaned happily and closed my eyes.

I didn't know when I slept off but I think I slept for a long time. My eyes slowly opened as I drifted back to consciousness. A yawn escaped my lips as I slowly sat up straight.

My eyes were adjusting to the brightness when I stopped mid yawn. My eyes widened as I took in my surroundings.

My room looked different. Totally different from how it was before I slept. Decorations were everywhere. Purple and white balloons were on floor and the walls were glittering with purple and pink glitters.

Rose petals and balloons were on the bed. My eyes landed on number of presents beside the bed. Still in shock, I gently got off the bed and looked around the room.

On top of the headboard were white balloons that spelt mine and Hope's name. Tears filled my eyes as I noticed the beautiful flowers on the nightstand.

I nearly choked on my tears as I walked out of my room and ran downstairs to see Mari and Arianna in the living room asleep on the couches while Isabella was sitting on one of the arm chairs with Hope in her arms.

"Nifemi, what's wrong?", She asked as she noticed my presence. I sniffled and wiped my cheeks, "Did you guys do it?".

She frowned as she stood up with Hope. "Mama", my baby mumbled as Isabella approached me. "Do what?", She asked. "My room, it's different", I said to her. Her eyes widened and a smile spread on her lips.

"I think we know who did it", she said with a knowing look. My brain instantly processed her words.

"Nico's home?"

She nodded, "He's in his room".

Without uttering anymore words, I ran up the stairs and ran to Nico's room. Without knocking, I opened the door and walked in.

There he was, in the middle of his room, with just a towel around his waist and his torso glistening in the light.

He turned to face me and I instantly burst into tears as I ran to hug him.

"You're okay!", I cried into his chest.

"Nifemi?"

His voice made me cry the more. Then I pulled away and looked up to glare at him.

"I'm so fucking mad at you. Why didn't you call? It's been almost fifteen hours since you left? Is that the definition of soon?!", I yelled as I began to punch his chest in anger.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I yelled at him. He made me so uneasy and scared throughout today. I didn't know why but I was emotionally attached to him.

Then he grabbed my arms and placed his lips on mind pulling me into a kiss.

"I'm sorry," he said and I glared at him. I sniffled and turned around before crossing my arms across my chest.

"You have no idea how worried I was. You couldn't even just send a text message or something," I said and he sighed.

Then arms wrapped around my waist and my back was pulled against his chest. "What should I do to make it up to you?," He whispered in my ear. His hot breath fanned my neck making my knees go week.

The fact that my back was against his bare torso did not help matters. "Are you the one that turned my room to that?," I asked him.

He chuckled and kissed the back of my neck. "Did you like it?," He asked. "I cried," I mumbled.

I felt his demeanor changed immediately. "Why?," He asked lowly. "I was surprised," I mumbled and I felt him sigh.

Then he turned me around to look at him. His gray eyes were captivating as always.

"Still on your period?," He asked with a smirk and I gasped as my cheeks heated. I glared at him, "Yes.

He let out a laugh and pulled me into a kiss. I granted him entrance and we continue our tongue battle. He won, as always.

"Jump," he said into the kiss and I obeyed. My legs wrapped around his waist as he walked to his bed and placed me on the soft mattress.

"Let's make your birthday special, shall we?," He cocked s brow and I grinned.