chapter 18

NIFEMI'S POV

"That's all for today", Nico said to the people in the boardroom. They all nodded before leaving while I still sat there writing the summary of everything that happened. My fingers were really aching from writing for two hours but I didn't actually regret it because the things being discussed were actually interesting.

"Are you done?". I looked up to see Nico looking at me. I shook my head, "Almost". "When you're done, bring the report to my office", he said and stood up to leave. I watched him leave before turning back to what I was doing.

It's been a week since I stared working here. Being a P.A wasn't that bad, except for the few times where I'd have to stay up late to prepare a presentation.

I got the hang of the job and now I loved it. Not to mention that the pay check was worth it. Also, a few of the women here didn't like me while some other liked me. I also met Fawn and Gwen, Lucas and Marco's wives. They were really nice and welcoming.

After finishing the report, I got up from the seat and walked out of the boardroom with the paper. I approached Nico's office and walked in without knock. The paper fell down from my hand and a gasp left my mouth when I saw Davina's hand on Nico's chest and his hand gripping it.

They turned to look at me. Davina smirked triumphantly while Nico held his blank expression. I cleared me throat, "I'm sorry for interrupting. I'll come back later". I quickly bent down and grabbed the paper before running out of the office.

I walked into my office and let out a shaky breath. I felt a crushed and betrayed. I know I wasn't supposed to feel this way but I just do. My heart clenched as I walked over to my chair and sat down. I placed the paper on my table and closed my eyes.

I was mad at him for behaving like this. Or maybe I was jealous of Davina.

It's not my business.

I've never liked Davina and she never liked me. As far as I knew, she was smart in brains but dumb in other areas. She was very beautiful, tall with long legs and rich brown hair. She treated me like a low life and always underestimated me.

Stop overthinking, Nifemi!

I broke out if my train of thoughts and opened my laptop. My phone began to ring and I smiled when I saw Ariana's name. "Ari?", I picked up. "Hope wanted to talk to you", she said. "Ok". A full sentence of color gibberish was spoken by my ten months old daughter. I chuckled, "Yes, honey?".

She made a noise again. After making a few non-existent conversation with her, Ariana took over. "She missed her mommy", she teased and I rolled my eyes. "How's work?", she asked and my mood soured instantly. "Fine", I chipped. "What's wrong?", she asked instantly detecting my mood.

"Nothing important. I'll call you later, I need to finish something quickly", I said. "This conversation isn't over yet", I could practically see her narrow her eyes at the atmosphere. "See you later", I said and hung up.

Nico, true to his word, created a personal account for me and generously got me a phone and a
laptop.

****

"Come here, darling", I cooed to my daughter. She was trying to stand on her feet properly. She would make two steps forward before falling onto the floor. Thankfully, there was a fluffy rug beneath us.

"Come on, baby", I made kissing noises she. She looked at me with a drooling grin before getting on her feet again. She finally approached me and I rewarded her with kisses making her giggle in happiness.

Then I noticed something white on her lower gum. I gasped then squealed before tickling her. "My baby is teething!", I giggled as I tickled her making her laugh.

Ariana walked into the living room with an apple in her hands. "Then she can eat this then", she raised it up. "You want her too die young?", I narrowed my eyes at her. She chuckled and shook her head at me.

The door of the living room opened and Nico walked in looking tired and annoyed. "Hungry?", Ariana asked. "No", he grumbled. Hope gibbered catching his attention. She looked at him and wiggled her outstretched arms at him. I widened my eyes at her actions.

Nico sighed and shook his head. "Not now", he mumbled before walking up the stairs. Ariana and I looked at Hope who looked heartbroken. Her pink pouty lips were trembling and I sighed.

"He's going to die", I muttered as I stood up from the rug with my baby in my arms. "What are you going to do?", Ariana asked curiously. "I'm going to pay Mr. Grumpy a visit", I said and walked up the stairs.

Hope was quiet and sad. Seriously, Nico? Did you have to just reject her like that?

I was furious with that man. What he did earlier today resurfaced my mind making me feel angrier.

I approached Nico's room. I didn't even knock and entered the room. Nico was standing my the window shirtless with arms crossed across his chest. I looked away from his defined muscles and looked up to glare at his beautiful face.

"Why are you here?", He asked me with an annoyed tone. "What do you think I'm doing here?", I glared at him as I pointed at Hope who was sucking on her bottom lip. She looked nervous. Do babies feel nervous?

"I'm tired and I don't have time for this right now, Nifemi", he said. "Even if I'm always tired or unhappy, at least I'll not ignore Hope! She's just a baby!", I spat and walked out of his room to my room. "I'm sorry sweetie", I kissed her forehead.

Later that day in the evening, I was busy tidying up my room when there was a knock on the door. "Come in", I said loud enough to not wake Hope up. The door opened and Nico walked in. I internally groaned, not now.

"What do you want?", I asked as I walked towards him and crossed my arms. "We need to talk", he said and I rolled my eyes. "We're talking", I said. "Let's go somewhere else so we won't wake Hope up", he suggested. I rolled my eyes, "It's not like you care about her". He narrowed his eyes at me, "I care about her more than you think".

"Sure, sure", I waved him off abd stepped out of the room. He mumbled something in Italian and walked ahead of me. I followed him into his room and he closed the door. "Start talking", I said. "What you saw at the office", he started and I began to feel bitter.

"There's no need to explain that. I don't care", I clipped. "Listen to me", he said frustrated and I glared at him. "I don't want to hear it. I know you sleep with women, I just thought maybe you wouldn't do it in your office", I said angrily as I looked down at wooden floor.

"Nifemi, just listen to me!", he said angrily. "Stop yelling at me! First of all, you use me and dump me, then you fuck another woman in your office and then you made my daughter upset. So, don't fucking yell at me!", I screamed back at him.

In just a second, my back was pressed against the wall with Nico's hands on both sides caging me. "What are you doing?", I asked flustered but still angry. "Just shut up before I kiss you", he threatened and I kept shut.

I was tempted to talk so I could see if he'd follow through with his plan but I decided to stay quiet. Maybe if I do, he'll still kiss me?