chapter 13

NIFEMI'S POV

I opened my eyes with a groan. My head was pounding seriously. I turned to my side to see a cold empty space. My heart sunk and I felt rejected that I didn't wake up to see him.

If we woke up together, it would have been awkward.

I sighed and got off the bed. My legs felt like jelly and my lower region was a little sore but I walked out if Nico's room and went to my room. How I knew where Nico's room was was beyond me.

I walked into my room to see Ariana walking out of the bathroom with Hope in her arms wrapped in a towel. "Good morning", she said with a smile but I could see something in her eyes.

Nico told her about yesterday night.

I sighed, "Please don't pity me". "I feel guilty. You're my friend and this is happening to you again", she mumbled as I went to the bathroom. "I'll be fine", I said and walked in.

After my bath, I got dressed in a yellow woolen sweater and a black skirt and styled my hair in a french braid before breastfeeding Hope. I carried her along with me as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

As I walked in, my eyes widened when I saw Marcel pinning Ariana to the wall. They looked at me and Ariana blushed in embarrassment while Marcel grinned. "This is lovely", I said and Hope giggled like she was enjoying what she was seeing. Of course she would.

"Good morning, princess", Marcel greeted me. "Morning. Carry on with your task", I said as I went to the fridge to get a tub of ice cream. "Won't you eat breakfast? isn't ice cream too early?", Ariana asked with a frown.

"It isn't. I'm craving it", I defended and walked out of the kitchen giving privacy. "Let's eat ice cream", I whispered to my daughter and she gurgled in agreement.

I walked into the living room and placed her on the couch beside me before turning on the TV and putting on a baby channel so she could watch while I sulk with the ice cream.

A few minutes later, Hope was engrossed in whatever they were showing on the screen. "Oh my God, what a cute baby!". I was startled seeing a beautiful lady walking into the living room. Her hair was black and she had gray eyes with full pink lips and unblemished tanned skin. Italian women are really beautiful.

"Hello, I'm Mariana", she said cheerfully. I smiled awkwardly and waved at her. "Mari, why are you shouting like that?", another lady walked in looking bored. She looked exactly like Mariana, the only difference was her eye color which was green.

"How do you expect me not to shout when I see a cute baby", Mariana pouted making her roll her eyes. The other woman's eyes landed on me. "Nico has another Mistress? He's into blacks now?", she asked her sister distastefully and I felt offended.

"I am no one's mistress", I said audibly. Mariana's eyes widened while the woman grinned. "I'm Isabella, what's your name?", she asked and I blinked I'm confusion. Is she bipolar?

"Nifemi?", it was more if a question than an answer. I turned my attention back to Mariana who was already making friends with Hope. "What a beautiful baby", she tickled her making her laugh. "Excuse my sister and her love for babies", Isabella said with an eye roll and I smiled.

"Is she your sister?", Mariana asked. "She's my daughter", I replied and her eyes widened. "You look like a mother though, how old are you?", she asked. "Eighteen", I said and she gasped dramatically. I guess she's the dramatic one out of the two.

Mariana turned to her sister, "I'm ashamed of myself". Isabella rolled her eyes.

"Mari, Bella, hey", I turned around to see a happy Ariana.

******
Mariana and Isabella are Nico's younger identical twin sisters. It's not easy to differentiate the two except you look at the two and their behaviors.

Mariana didn't have a filter to her mouth and she accepted everything that came her way, she was the optimistic between the two while Isabella also didn't have a filter for her mouth, she was stubborn and the pessimistic between the two.

"Where's the guy?", Mariana frowned as she crossed her arms over her chest. They've been here for about two hours. We got to know one another and I took a liking to them. They were fun to be with.

"Stop being clinging, his busy", Isabella said as she adjusted the sleeping Hope on her lap. The door slammed shut and an very angry looking Nico walked in.

My eyes widened as I saw his shirt drenched in blood. It's not his blood.

"Seriously, fratello?", Mariana narrowed her eyes at him. (Seriously, brother?). "Nice to see you too", he said sarcastically and stormed off.

I blinked in surprise and went after him. He didn't even glance my way. By the time I got upstairs, he was no where to be found.

His room.

I walked in to see Nico coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He looked so hot with water dripping down his hard torso. There was eight packs not six and I was sure I could wash my clothes clean on them.

Shoving away my dirty thoughts, I crossed my arms across my chest. "Why are you ignoring me?", I asked. He rolled his eyes and went to grab a clean shirt from his bed. "I'm tired, go away", he said making me angry.

"I'm talking to you, at least give me an answer. Why are you ignoring me? Is it because of yesterday?", I asked. "I'm not ignoring you. Nifemi, I have a job and I have very important things to do. I just wiped out an entire Mafia and I would like some rest", he said in a bored tone and went to the closet. He walked in and I let out a defeated sigh.

"You should have at least left a note", I mumbled before walking out of the door. I went to my room and laid down on the bed. The knock on my door pulled me out of my trance and I sat up. "Come in".

The door opened and Mariana walked in. "Am I disturbing?", she asked and I shook my head. She grinned and rushed to sit beside me. "What's up?", I asked. "Do you perhaps like my brother?", she asked and I felt like laughing. Like her brother?

I'm attracted to him but I didn't like him. There was nothing to like about him, he's a monster. How will someone like a monster like him?

"Why did you ask?", I asked curiously. "I just felt like asking. You seemed like someone good for my brother", she shrugged and I smiled.