chapter 11

NIFEMI'S POV

My hands couldn't stop shaking throughout the entire ride. Not to mention how Nico's presence couldn't make anything better. I kept on counting one to ten in my head but it only increased my anxiety.

Then I felt a warm hand grab my small one. I looked up to see Nico looking out the window. "You'll be fine", he turned to look at me and our eyes locked. His eyes are so beautiful.

"There's nothing to worry about", he added and rubbed his thumb over my palm effectively calming me down. Then he opened the box compartment and brought out a black box. I watched curiously as he opened the box but I instantly missed the warmth from his hold.

My eyes widened when he brought out a necklace with the name F on it with diamonds all over it. "This symbolizes who you belong to", he explained. I narrowed my eyes at him, "So I'm an object". He rolled his eyes and leaned closer. My breath hitched when he pushed my hair aside and clasped the necklace around my neck.

His fingers brushed my neck making me shiver but it wasn't really obvious. The cold substance brought me back to reality.

"We've arrived", the driver announced. I sighed and followed Nico out of the car. The cold breeze hit my skin sending chills down my skin. I walked beside Nico till we reached the large double doors which were guarded by two bulky men.

They were really scary but I tried not to look at them as we walked in. "Stay by me side always", Nico said to me and I nodded. The room temperature was warm but it didn't do anything to relax my tensed muscles. I felt underdressed as I looked at the women in the room.

The warmth that radiated on my skin when Nico wrapped his arms around me made all the doubt disappear. No, I'm not cheeky!

Time went by, Nico was introducing me to a few of his Mafia allies. I didn't know that there were a lot of mafias around the world. The women were nice, at least most of them were. The other few tried to gain Nico's attention by pushing their breasts up and batting their fake eyelashes at him. It made me disgusted by their greed for attention.

"I need to meet someone", Nico told me as he walked me to the direction of a few ladies in their twenties. "And?", I asked. "I need to be alone", he said and I shrugged. I grabbed a glass of wine from one of the waiters. I turned to see Nico glaring at me.

"What?", I frowned. "Don't get drunk", he ordered and directed me to the ladies. "Ladies", he said gaining their attention. "Hello, Nicolàs", one of them said too sweetly to be normal. Her blonde here was so pale that I thought it was white. I would have called her pretty but she disgusts me.

"Hello to you too, I'll be back", he said and walked away. The Blondie turned to me, "How did you manage to score him?". I scrunched my nose in disgust, "I work for him". "He never brings a woman to any of his meetings", another woman said.

Of course he wouldn't.

Ignoring their annoying thirst comment about Nico, I drank my wine. I was presently drinking my third glass when my eyes landed in two people. One of them being Nico and the other a woman.

I narrowed my eyes as I saw the woman laugh at what he said. I'm not going to lie, she was totally beautiful. Fiery red hair cascaded down her back in curls and they matched her green eyes. She was beautiful. Nico whispered something in her ear and she grinned. She whispered something back and he chuckled.

Now, I know why he was outraged when his father asked him to marry me. I mean, look at that beauty compared to me. He had a lover and I'm just an obstacle. Now, I feel hurt.

It's not like I'm carry his babies.

Oh God, Nifemi why?

I turned away from the couple and downed my wine. I need to readjust my sad self. I turned to one of the other women. "Please, where's the bathroom?". "The left hall down the corner", she said and I nodded. I found my way through the sea of people and walked into the hallway.

I kept walking farther till I found a door with the female bathroom sign on it. I walked and went to the mirror. Brown eyes met mine abs I instantly felt insecure. Wasn't I beautiful? I knew Mafia boss loved to bed women but at least he should have respect for me. I'm his dare for crying out loud!

"All's well", I said to myself and adjusted my hair. I turned around to see a large man standing by the door. Fear gripped me as I took in his features.

He was old. At least in his late forties. "This is the female's bathroom", I said. He walked forward and I walked backwards. "I know", he said dangerously low and the alarm went off in my head.

I was about to break a run when he grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. "Not gonna happen, princess", he said as he buried his face in the crook if my neck. Disgust filled me as his breath hit my skin. He raised his head up and I slammed my free elbow into his jaw causing him to lose hold on me.

I managed to run to the door but I was grabbed my waist and thrown to the floor feeling the air getting knocked out me and a sharp pain spread through my skull.

I opened my eyes to see the man hovering over me. A scream escaped my mouth as he pushed open my legs. He then slapped me, "Shut up, stupid bitch". "Nico can't keep you all to himself while we get lost in our fantasies", he said as he pinned me down.

A sob broke out of my mouth as I realized I was getting raped for the second time.

Flashbacks of the last time rushed into my mind and I began to scream. "Stupid girl", he slapped me harder causing to cry out loud. "Let me go!!!", I cried but he didn't care.

Nico wouldn't come, would he? Would he even notice if I was missing? I should've stayed.

"S-stop!", I cried as he began to unbuckle his belt. He then tore the neckline of my dress and pulled out my breasts. I couldn't even move my body.

My mind was flashing from the past to now. Tears kept falling. I don't want to be raped for the second time.

He was about to slip his member into me when the door slammed open and he was ripped off me. I heard a crash but I was weak to look up. All I could do was cry as memories, bad memories came crashing. My cries for help, how I was raped mercilessly in front of my own father.

"Baby". I was wrapped in warm strong arms that felt familiar. I looked up to see Nico as he slipped his suit jacket over me covering my exposed body. I cried harder into his chest as he pulled me closer.

NICO'S POV

I was angry. Scratch that, I was furious! I think I said I'd kill anyone who touched what's mine. Fortunately, I'm a man of my words.

I turned to face Albert, my driver. "Kill him", I nodded at the unconscious bastard on the floor. I turned my attention back to the crying girl in my arms.

Her cries and tears made me feel more guilty than I already was. "I'm sorry, love", I mumbled to her but it only made her cry harder into my chest.

I stood up and pulled her in my arms in bridal style and walked out for Albert to finish his task