2 | who dat?

***********************************************************************

Do I like sports?

Yes.

Have I ever played volleyball before?

No.

That's not gonna stop me from playing my little heart out though. With quick footwork, I quickly move to where the volleyball is heading and bump it back over the net from my position in the back.

Bella is playing the position next to me, and another girl who I don't know is next to her. The three of us make up the back row of our team. Although, I do feel bad for Bella. Poor girl isn't very coordinated and clearly has little experience playing sports.

"Got it!" I shout before bumping the ball to a teammate in the front row, successfully stopping it from touching the ground. I smile to myself, glad that I was able to stop yet another point from being scored by the other team. I'm getting a hang of this, if I do say so myself.

The next time the ball gets hit to our side, it heads straight for Bella. She raises her arm up awkwardly in order to block the ball from hitting her face. I prepare to move into position to bump the ball, but the other girl beside Bella bumps it instead. When the ball comes back over to our side, it heads straight for Bella again. This time both me and the other girl are too slow which forces Bella to hit the ball herself. She accidentally hits it over to the boys playing basketball on the other side of the gym. The ball hits a blond boy right in the back of the head.

I watch as Bella quickly leaves to make sure that he is okay.

"I'll get it," I tell my team before jogging over to the other side of the gym to retrieve the volleyball. On my way back to the girls' side of the gym, I notice that Bella is now talking to the boy she hit along with another girl from the other team. I throw the ball back to my team before going to see what all the commotion is about.

"What's up?" I say, going to stand beside Bella.

"Um, Rebecca," Bella says, "this is Mike and Jessica," she introduces, gesturing to the two.

"Hi," Jessica greets with a smile and a little wave.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you," Mike greets, holding his hand out. I take his hand and shake it, blushing a little. Mike is kinda cute.

Since we're still in the middle of athletics period, we quickly go our separate ways. Mike to his basketball playing, Bella and I to our volleyball team, and Jessica to the other volleyball team.

*Time Skip*

I hate how it's only my first day here, and I'm already dealing with "feelings." I kind of liked Mike for a bit there, but it's clearly obvious to me now that he's more interested in Bella than in me. I hate to be jealous of my first friend here, so I'm trying my best to just brush it off. After all, I have only known Mike for less than a few hours. It's purely just a physical attraction that I have for him, and, of course, hormones don't help.