~ Chapter 26 ~

Prom night was only a week from now and people all over the school are talking about what they're wearing and who they're going with. Some guy from Nicole's drama class decided on asking her to prom since they both didn't have a prom date and they really wanted to go since it was the last dance of our high school career. Hunter and I are going to prom, doubling with Nicole and her date.

A few days ago, the principal announced that he was going to do the prom different this year. He said we are going to have a prep rally today to announce the ten boys and girls who had made the first round on the journey towards the Prom Queen and King. That day was today and in a few more days, he's going to announce the top three boys and girls and they will become the Senior Prom Princesses and their dates.

Hunter, Nicole, her date, and I walk together to the gym and we sit down towards the front so that we could hear the principal more better. People in the back usually talk and they can talk really loud at times and it gets on our nerves all the time. I see Emily walk into the gym with her friends and she gives me a nasty look before walking past me and sitting down in the back. Her friends give me the same look she did before they went and followed her. I roll my eyes, and laugh to myself. I don't care what they think of me any more. Their words and looks don't define who I am as a person and it never will.

I watch as the principal walks to the center of the gym, giving us a sweet and gentle smile. Once he gets everyone to be quiet, he starts speaking, "I don't want to keep you guys here any longer than I have to because I know you guys don't want to be here that long so let's get to it," He pauses for a second before speaking again, telling us the list of people. He did the boys list first and I was happy for Hunter when he was announced at the top of their list. Mr. Stephen continues on to the girls list, saying some names that I don't know, "In fifth position, Miss Nicole Parker!" I look over at Nicole in excitement as I watch her get up from her seat and walk down to where the other people were. "Next up, Miss Blair Harrington!" I haven't spoken to her since our group's fall out last year and she looks completely the same, smiling at her new set of friend who were currently cheering for her. I clap my hands for her because she really is a great person to be around. She looks around the crowd of people and lays her eyes on me. She smiles at me and I smile back. She then looks away from our gaze and walks over to where Nicole is standing.

"There's only three more names on this list of girls," Everything around me starts to go in slow motion and I start to realize that this could possibly change the rest of the school year for me, for the good or for the worst, "In third position, Miss Danielle Wilburn!" Of course she would be in the top three, "There's only two more names! In second position, Miss Emily Lambert!" Holy cow, I thought she would be at number one. If she wasn't number one, then who is? "In first position, please welcome Miss Aria McAndrew!"

I get up from my seat, feeling nothing but confusing and happiness. I actually beat Emily and Danielle at something that has popularity in it. Wow, just wow. Students at this school actually voted for me, that was something I could probably never understand or get. I walk down to the other girls and hug Nicole who was already holding her hands out for me. "That's it for the lists! I decided on saying the top three for the boys and girls that I just said tomorrow morning so let's get to voting!"

~~

It was finally the morning of when Mr. Stephen was going to announce the top three boys and girls, and I was really nervous. I open the door to the cafeteria, which is where he was going announce it at, and instantly spot my friends. I walk over to them and sit down right next to the love of my life. Mr. Stephen walks to the beginning of the cafeteria and starts speaking with a huge grin on his face, showing off his dimples, "These three names are somewhat different from yesterday's results. The guys are first!"