Chapter Five - Different

We decide to watch the sunset on the hill and wait till it gets dark to go home. The sunset, unlike other days, is completely pink! Violet stares at it with her mouth open, "I didn't know sunsets could be white." She says then looks at me. I don't even know what to respond with. White? How can a sunset be white? Her colourblind thing is so weird, first my hoodie is purple, then the sky is purple, now the sunset is white, this is weird. "It looks pink to me." I say and she looks surprised, "I didn't know they could be pink either." She says and we both start laughing.

The sun finally sets and it gets dark, so we had back home. We run into the kitchen and grab a snack for dinner, I admit that our 'snack', cookie isn't a healthy option for dinner, but oh well. We run upstairs, after finishing the 'snack', and head to bed.

*BANG*
I wake up to my makeshift alarm and here Violet gasp. "That gets me every time!"she complains. We go downstairs to the kitchen, grab breakfast, but instead of going to Oak Tree, Violet suggest something I've never even thought about doing. "Why don't we head into town today? You know, do something, different."

Author here, I know it's short, but at least it's something, I will write another chapter now, thank you for your comments, they inspire me to keep writing, have a great day/night and look after yourselves! See you soon 😊

217 words