Chapter Seventeen - One Day Left

Brayden's POV

*GASP*
I awake to my smuggled in burner phone dinging. Why was it going off? I only had two contacts on it, Henry, and... Koko... It was a signal. I get the burner phone from under my mattress and check the notification, it was from Koko. She sent me a picture of a bird flying high in the sky. Freedom. That's our signal for freedom. I had one day left, I was getting out of this place!

*DING*
Another notification, again, from Koko. This time it was a message, instead of an image. It read, "Brayden, Code 365, see you tomorrow." That means that tomorrow, they were coming to get me outa here! They were going to use Code 365, a plan we (Koko, Henry, and I) came up with when we did our first group robbery, they were going to fly in on a helicopter at yard time. It means I was going to have to watch for the signal and hope that they can pull it off, although I wonder, who was going to be the one dropping from the rope? Henry normally does it, but maybe because Oakley and Violet are new, they would get a chance? I just hope either Oakley or Violet are actually strong enough to carry me, or else this could end badly. I put the burner phone back in its original place and roll onto my back, I should sleep, I'll need to be well rested for tomorrow.

Author here, sorry I didn't get this chapter out sooner, it's been a little busy, sorry, I'm trying, have a great day/night and look after yourselves! See you soon 😊