Chapter Fourteen - Life Without Brayden

Oakley's POV

Life without Brayden is hard. We haven't done any heists since we got caught and since Brayden's arrest. Henry's taking it the worst, he hasn't come out of his room since it happened, and late at night I swear I can hear him crying. It's understandable because Henry and Brayden are practically brothers, they grew up together, and have a strong bond. Koko and Violet are doing quite well with it, they're determined to come up with a plan to break him out. My job is to check on Henry and give him food and water, to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. Koko and Violet are sitting at the dining table, with maps, blueprints, schematics, and the info files on everyone in the prison, including guards. They are trying to find the easiest way to get Brayden out of prison, before another 'Incident' happens. I don't understand what Koko means by that, but whatever it is, is probably the reason Koko's boss and Henry doesn't question it. Maybe at some point they'd care to fill us in? But now doesn't seem like a great time. We need to get Brayden back, life without him is too hard.

Henry's POV

TW: panic attack, explains a panic attack so if you don't like that kinda stuff just skip this next bit 😊

I can't even think straight. What if Brayden isn't the same when he comes back, what if they break him? What will I even do? I need him, I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for him. They broke me, what if they break him too? I know he wouldn't want me to worry, but I just can't help but do exactly that. My mind is racing, almost like I'm being torn out of this world. My head is spinning, it's like I'm floating, but I'm not. Everything begins to get blurry, and I can't feel anything. I hear muffled voices, who I think are yelling my name. Koko? Oakley? Violet? I can't see them properly, but I think that it's them. Suddenly everything goes black.

*THUD*

Author here, sorry about the cliff hanger, it just seemed like a good chapter so I left it there, this is my last day of holidays so I might be slower to upload, but I'll aim for at least 1-2 chapters a day, have a great day/night and look after yourselves! See you soon 😊

350 words