Chapter 9

Siobhan's POV

The next day....

It was the day of Ben's coronation and I was wearing a dress that Evie made for me and I had my makeup and my hair done before Mal gave me the anti-love potion in a small box and I got into the carriage with Ben, we were riding in the carriage to the Auradon Cathedral and I was nervous before Ben said to me as he grabbed one of my hands "Don't be nervous, all you have to do is sit there and look beautiful, no problem there" I then said to Ben "Thank you" Ben then asked me as he looked down at his ring "Siobhan, would you wear my ring?" "Um, not now, I think that it would probably just fall right off of me, I have something for you" "For me?" "Yeah, It's just for later, you know, when you need strength, some carbs to keep up your energy" I then gave the small box to Ben and he opened it to find a small cupcake before he said to me "You're always thinking but I can't wait" Ben then took a bite of the cupcake as I said to him "No!" Ben then said to me as he ate the cupcake "Mm, this is really good" I then looked at him as I asked him "Uh, do you-" Ben then looked at me as he asked me "Siobhan?" "Do you feel okay?" "You bet" "Would you say that you have very strong feelings for me?" Ben then put the cupcake back in the box and he closed the lid before he puts the box away as he said to me "I'm not sure, I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect" "Yeah, okay" I then realised that he knew that Mal had spelled him before I asked him "What?, what?, you knew?" Ben then laughed before he said to me "That Mal spelled me?, yeah, yeah, I knew" "I can explain myself" "No, look, It's fine, I mean, you had a crush on me and I was with Audrey and you didn't trust that it could happen on it's own, am I right?" "Yes, you're so right, so then, how long have you known?" "Since our first date, Mal's spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake" "So then what?, you've just been faking it since then?" Ben then took his ring off before he placed it onto my right hand's ring finger before he kissed my hand and then he looked at me as he said to me "I haven't been faking anything" I then smiled at him before we got to the cathedral and Ben got out of the carriage first before he and one of the guards helped me down from the carriage. We then walked up the stairs before we reached Ben's parents and I curtsied to them before I said to Adam "About the other day, I just-" Adam then shook his head at me before he said to me "I told Ben that this wasn't going to be easy" Ben then said to his father "You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself even when it isn't easy" "I did?" Adam asked Ben before Belle smacked Adam's arm and Adam said to Ben "How very wise of me" Belle then said to Ben "Ben, we are very proud of you and you keep listening to your heart" "Thanks mum" Ben said to his mum before Adam said to Ben "You're going to make a fine king" Ben then smiled at his dad before Adam and Belle walked off to the right side of the cathedral and Ben walked up to me before he asked me "Wish me luck?" "Good luck" I said to Ben as a guy offered his hand to me and I walked off towards the left side of the cathedral before I walked inside and I stood in my spot.

The coronation then started and I watched as Ben walked up towards his parents and my mom before we looked at each other as I curtsied to him and I felt that what I was going to do today was the wrong choice, Ben then kneeled down and my mum curtsied to Ben's parents and she took Adam's crown from his head before she walked up to Ben and she placed the crown on his head before I watched as the glass orb that was protecting the wand was being taken off by Adam before I looked at the other villain kids and they were having worried and concerned looks on their faces before I looked back at the ceremony and I watched as Belle handed the wand to my mother before my mother walked up to Ben and she asked Ben "Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Ben then said to my mother "I do solemnly swear" My mother then knighted Ben with her wand as she said to him "Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king" Someone then grabbed the wand from my mother and they waved the wand before a zap of magic came out of it.