P h o n e c a l l s

"I am pleased to say that I have just taught your last class for the year. Congratulations on making it this far and I'm expecting to see you all soon at graduation. Have a great rest of the day," our economics professor says with a bright smile on her face.

I pick up my MacBook and place it in my backpack before leaving the classroom.

As I'm walking out the door I make eye contact with Leo and as usual, he doesn't say anything, but he keeps a respectable distance from me.

I roll my eyes in annoyance.

Ever since we've gotten back from Florida Leo has been like this.

He refuses to speak to me and sometimes he won't even acknowledge my presence.

I've grown so used to the Leo who couldn't keep his mouth shut and always made snarky remarks that this new version of him was so hard to get used to.

"I wish you would stop ignoring me," I say loud enough for him to hear me.

Silence.

"The silent treatment is a terrible method of communication. It's actually not a method of communication at all," I point out.

Once again silence.

I sigh loudly, and in an exaggerated manner.

"You're being so immature," I say.

He stops in his tracks and turns to face me.

"I don't think you have the right to call me immature. What you did last weekend is the definition of immature," he says.

"I've apologized so many times for causing you guys all that trouble,"

"Exactly!"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"You've apologized for everything in the book besides what you actually did. It's like you don't regret not care that you did what you did," he says.

"Of course I care. That's why I did it," I say.

"Yet you still don't seem to understand the consequences of your actions," he shrugs.

"Leo, I had to. It's more than just the issues between my brothers," I tell him.

"Of course," he chuckles dryly.

"Of course what? I ask in an annoyed tone.

"You still care for him. All this time you've been lying to us about him, hiding your encounters with him and literally running away with him. You still have feelings for him," he says.

I cross my arms over my chest and open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

I scoff and shake my head.

"That's ridiculous," I mutter.

"Is it? This entire time you've refused to hold him accountable for anything that he's done," he explains.

"Leo that's not true," I say.

He frustratedly runs his hands through his hair.

"Gosh stop fucking lying, Frankie! You can't seem to take accountability for anything. You-"

He's cut off by his phone ringing.

He rolls his eyes and answers the phone.

After a couple of seconds he hangs up.

"Your brothers set up a spa thing for you and Sophia. She's already there," he says walking away.

I stand there momentarily in disbelief before I start walking to catch up to him.