I n t e r w i n e d

Four months later
Frankie.

I sighed in exhaustion as I plopped on the couch.

Everything that I've ever owned was packed either into a box or a small suitcase.

Despite the small suitcase that I still had to pack for my trip, I was completely done with everything on my to do list.

"Wow. I can't believe that we're finally done packing. It feels like it's been forever," Sophia smiles.

"I know. I really need a shower," I frown.

Since seven in the morning, Sophia and I have been packing the last of our things and cleaning the last bit of mess left in our townhouse before we officially moved out.

A few months ago, Sophia told me that she was planning on moving in with Chris.

Initially I was incredibly excited for her. This meant that their relationship was getting more and more serious by the day.

Although there was definitely a side of me that was really sad. Sophia and I have lived with each other since we were both adopted. I wasn't sure that I was ready for a time in my life where I'd come home and she wasn't there.

Despite the feelings of sadness, I was very excited for her. This would also allow me to go off by myself and figure some more things out.

By tomorrow she'd be almost completely moved in with Chris, but tonight would be our last time seeing each other for a bit.

Later tonight, I'll be flying out to Florida to go see Ben for a while.

It would be the first time since he came to see my brothers that'd I be visiting him in Florida.

Flashback

I paced back and forth nervously as all of the guys were in Xanders office having a heated discussion.

You could hear Xander and Dylan's loud but muffled voices going back and forth, with occasional comments from Tomas.

"I'm going to go in there," I say lowly.

"You're what? Claude asks.

"I'm going," I say more confidently this time.

I make my way over to Xander's office and open the door.

The conversation stops and they look at me with confused expressions.

Although I was only interested in one person in particular.

Xander.

He wore a serious expression, but there was no trace of anger or anything on his face.

Despite their unwelcoming looks, I stayed.

This isn't something for them to decide on. This is something that I've chosen to do for myself whether they liked it or not.

Before I could begin to speak, the door opens again.

This time Ben's at the door.

End of flashback.

"Your flight is soon. You have a bit of time to finish everything before I drop you off at the airport," she says.

"I'm pretty sure I only have enough time for a shower. It's really all I need," I shrug.

"So how do you feel about going?"

"The same. I've been to Florida so many times. We used to live there," I answer.

She gives me a pointed look.