late night | emmetstyle

‼️‼️ HII! ITS 26TH APRIL 2022 MAE! The order of these chapters are mixed up so the author notes might not make sense. But now the events are in order of when they would happen in my AU's timeline! ‼️‼️

takes place 9 years after tlm2.
incase you are unfamiliar with the ocs in my au, melody is emmet and lucy's future child who is 7 when this takes place.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶
Lucy POV

I was there looking at him, ghost vitruvius had given him wise words of wisdom, presumingly off a cat poster. He looked like he had a plan as he turned to look at the abyss, looking then back up at me.

"25 mississippi- 24 mississippi"

despite the position he was in he decided to move towards the deep void.

"EMMET- WHAT ARE YOU D-" I screamed at him, starting to tear up. This couldn't of been happening.

he was crying himself.

"Lucy" He said in a sad yet clear voice

"WAIT WAIT- WHAT ARE YOU-" i was full on crying, unable to wipe any tears out of my eyes.

"It's time for you to be the hero." He did a warm smile at me, crying almost as much as I was.

"NO!-"

He stood at the ledge, keeping eye contact with me.

"See you later......alligator"

"DONT!"

"1 mississippi"

he took a step back.

-----

"WAIT-" I screamed as I woke up in a shock, crying just as much as I was when I was in the dream.

"Shhh......it's okay, I'm here."

I looked up and saw that emmet was hugging me tight, his arms around my hips. We were on the couch.

"W-What happened?"

"we were watching christmas movies before you fell asleep, you started shivering and crying. You must of been having a nightmare, you wanna talk about it? It feels nice getting bad things off your shoulders."

He wiped the tears out of my eyes, holding my hands with a concerned look on his face.

"I-its the same one ive been having lately- just you and I.....in the think tank- you....jumping into the abyss. i-i I ALMOST LOST YOU! I SHOULD'VE DONE SOMETHING-"

I started crying alot.....again

"Aw.....Lucy- it's okay, c'mere."
He hugged me and he didn't let go....I loved it.

"I was doing a good thing...... I made it out anyways, look. I'm here- I won't leave you....ever."

I made eye contact with him, leaning in as I softly kissed his lips, him deepening it.

"Love you luce"

"Love you too, ems."

I heard a small creak from the floorboards.
A certain little girl was there.

"uh- hi mummy and papa!"
It was our beautiful, brave and enthusiastic girl, Melody. Her brown hair with pink and blue stripes shined in the tv light. I was about to ask her what was wrong until she stepped closer to us as the light also revealed she was tearing up, it was hard to make her upset, if she was crying then something was not okay.

Emmet had noticed this.

"Aw- kiddo, come here. What happened?"

She ran over and clung to him

"I-I WAS HAVING THIS NIGHTMARE WHERE I WAS FALLING FROM THE SKY- A-AND THEN-"

she didn't finish her sentence because she just started crying uncontrollably.

he looked up at me, giving me the "please do something i have no idea what to do" face.

I moved closer to melody.

"Mel..... you can stay down here with us for now, I can't imagine what had happened to make you so upset, you aren't alone. We're here with you."

Emmet smiled at me.

"Thank you.....mom"

she rested next to emmet and I, falling asleep. She was quite tired and she needed the sleep. I needed sleep too.

"I don't get what you were saying the other day Luce, you can comfort people!"

"I didn't know that before." I said, laughing.

"We might have to sleep here for the night, she's a light sleeper and if we move then she'll be awake."

"You have a point, night ems."

"Night, if you have another nightmare ever again, never be ashamed to wake me up."

He kissed me, I rested my shoulder on his.
Both melody and i went to sleep with better thoughts.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

A/N: well, there you go! The rest of the things that happened in melody's dream is up to you. I don't have much more to say other then a small reminder to check my conversation post thingy, even if I have no idea who you are and you secretly read my stories without saying anything then I'd still like to hear what you have to say. Have a awesome day/night, without nightmares ofc. Mae out!