valentines day | emmetstyle

‼️‼️ HII! ITS 26TH APRIL 2022 MAE! The order of these chapters are mixed up so the author notes might not make sense. But now the events are in order of when they would happen in my AU's timeline! ‼️‼️

let's say it's like the 2nd valentines day during apocalypseburg

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

Lucy POV:

It was February 13th. I know what tomorrow was and I know emmet had something planned. He could barely keep his excitement in. I didn't really know what to do. Average couples would buy eachother things like chocolate, cards and flowers. Emmet and I weren't exactly a average couple, our first date consisted of a battle with aliens and me almost breaking my arm in the process. Maybe I could just get a card and some flowers for him, he wants things to be normal and what better way for things to become normal again then being in a normal relationship!

Everything was so dark and brooding, nobody was going to sell flowers.

I went to unikitty, or ultrakatty, she told me about this field of flowers near the border of town, yes it would take awhile to get there though it would be worth it.

I found myself in said field of flowers later, roses, tulips, sunflowers. It was all so pretty.

I grabbed a bunch of orange roses and walked back.

I think he'd like it.

I got some paper and bended it, writing a small message for him on it, it wasn't just a "happy Valentine's ems! I love you"
It was going to be more personal, I wanted him to know I truly did love him more then Batman becuase he did doubt it every now and then.

----

The next morning I woke up, heading to his small apartment at about 9:00am. He greeted me with a hug and a peck on the cheek.

"Morning Luce! Happy Valentine's Day!"

"Happy Valentine's."

He guided me inside handing me his present.

It was a plant, but for me. it was really cute.

"Look! You now have your very own planty!"

I smiled at the him. What did I ever do to deserve him?

He loved the flowers and he was really happy that I spent the time to get them for him. He had a card for me too. I went home awhile after to get ready for my daily brooding session. I got home putting my gifts away, the plant on my bedside table as I took the time to read the card.

"Dear Lucy! If your actually reading this then that's really nice of you because I know alot of people who don't. Anyways, happy Valentine's Day! It's my first proper one with you and I think that makes this really special. The apocalypse will end soon and things will be better. We'll be able to live our own proper lives, and i think that's really awesome. With you around my life is much better as I'm not lonely! Even if you dont have many positive things to say you make me happy anyway. I hope we could be special best friends forever, even if one of us has to leave, we'll see eachother on the other side. Love you- Emmet."

Ive never cried over a card. This was a first. I didn't want to ruin the mood and start brooding. I joined him on his morning walk through town to get coffee. Small moments like this that we get to ourselfs are really nice and I wish we could get more. With him here I see the light at the end of this war's tunnel.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

A/N: The light at the end of that tunnel came 3 years later. Sorry if this was short, my battery is getting low and I'm tired. I just wanted to write some fluff. Not much to say, Mae out!

632 word count