question | emmetstyle

‼️‼️ HII! ITS 26TH APRIL 2022 MAE! The order of these chapters are mixed up so the author notes might not make sense. But now the events are in order of when they would happen in my AU's timeline! ‼️‼️

I'm alive! Have a quick a/n
Incase you never noticed how the whole tlm universe canonly works, time works/is the same to how it does/is irl. 5 years pass in apocalypseburg then the events of the 2nd movie happen, 5 years pass of us waiting for said seccond movie. That's some trivia for you but the true point is the war ends in 2019, february to be exact. This takes place near the end of 2019, before the new decade begins. I had to do something for this. haha anyways just imagine this a human au kinda thing becuase as I was thinking of the idea i felt quite awkward with the thought of this being a lego things (how are rin-) oops um you get the point I should shut up now.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

EMMET POV:

Well, it was the last day of 2019- but it can also be seen as the last day of the decade. These days only come once every 10 years so it was quite special, also special for the fact it was our first "new years day/eve" without the war. One more kinda special thing, it was my first one when Lucy approved of me, or well really the newly king and queen to do a party sort of thing. Make a guess. What was going to happen? Well. What would normally of happened 5 years ago on a new years eve. Fireworks, a big party, and a messed up sleep schedule. I had been taking to the others a few weeks ago about something. Something I had been thinking about during the whole apocalypse but I never did anything about it until now, of course. What was I talking about? Well, um.... y'know- marriage and stuff. I originally wanted to propose to her like a week after the war ended but then at the end of said war I realised how unrealistic that was and I spent the whole time panicking, then going to the others for emotional support. but now, I was ready. I had everything I needed though I was scared, scared she'd say no. I mean, was it too early? I thought it wouldn't be as we spent 5 years in apocalypseburg with nothing happening. Though its Lucy, she always has something different to say about things. I just needed to calm down, and ask her a question. Simple.

Dark came around and everyone was finishing some last resolutions and writing new ones, some were watching the events in tv, some actually going to watch in person, Unikitty, Lucy and I were inside talking and whatnot. Unikitty doing a terrible job at not being excited as she knew what was happening. Making Lucy confused, obviously.

"So, are we gonna head outside soon?" Unikitty said.

"Sure, I'm gonna get a jumper to put on" Lucy replied, heading over to our bedroom to get one. Unikitty smirked at me.

"ive bought you time mister! What's your plan?" Unikitty whispered.

"uhm- well- i-i was thinking of just, when we go outside....maybe a minute before or after it hits 12:00 I'll do it." I mumbled, clearly panicking.

"Don't worry! That's a good plan, I'll go inside to do something and you ask her! Everything will be perfect, she loves you!"

It was about 10 minutes before the new year would start, we wernt gonna be out there for long so we were just standing and talking about how excited we were to spend our lives, without worrying about wars and all of that stuff. We were all gonna spend our normal lives together. It was beyond exciting.

Unikitty looked at the time.

"Ooh! 11:56, I'm gonna get a camera to take pictures with!"

She smirked at me, running inside to find said camera. I had almost completely forgot about this, making me panic instantly.

Lucy sat down, so did I.
I had to say something atleast.

"So- uhh- you.... you know I love you right?"

"Yeah, you mumble that into my ear every morning"

"Yeah- uhm....5 years passed in apocalypseburg, and nothing was really happening- I could of done something but I wanted you to be at your happiest- you wernt really, but now everything is normal, a-and it's about to become a new year- a decade really. I think it's kinda appropriate for this"

"Where are you going with this exactly? You've got me worried"

"d-dont do anything- u-um.. let me speak- I love you Lucy. I love you alot."

I took a deep breath, she was being paitent with me everything was doing great. I kneeled on one knee, getting a box out of my pocket too.

her expression changed instantly, I was trying to focus on continuing.
Unikitty was secretly watching, maybe even recording with the camera.

"A-and, it would make me really happy, i-if you were fine with starting the new decade as something more then just boyfriend and girlfriend I guess- so.... l-lucy banks- um.... Would you marry m-"

"YES!"

I looked up and saw her in tears, she looked overjoyed. I smiled.
She moved over to me to hug me,
"thank you..." I heard her mumble.
She kissed me, as the fireworks went off. New decade, new life.

Unikitty ran over to us.

"OH MY GOSHHHH GUYS!!!! YOU ARE SO CUTE!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR"

We looked at her "Happy new year, uni"

She hugged us, everything was beyond awesome. Our definition of perfect. And I was fine with that.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

A/N: there you go! Hope that's good. Yes I have more to say. Don't expect this to be the last update for today, I have alot of time on my hands. Still taking requests, If you've already done one you can do another. WOAH HOLD ONN 973 WORD COUNT! YAY!
Mae out!!