return | emmetstyle

this is an idea I randomly got when scrolling through pintrest.

‼️ It's an au where emmet didn't make it through the stairgate to save his friends, though his life ended instantly and he never became rex, he never went to the overworld and instead stayed as a soul who was free to roam the world, with the con of not being able to be seen. It has been 7 years. If you want more of this au then tell me ‼️

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

emmet pov:

It's been 7 years. You haven't found anyone to replace me and you still have your heart set on finding me. I'm not here and I wish I could tell you that, you'd suffer more if you kept looking for something only to be forced to embrace the harsh truth, you can't find me. Though I'm always watching over you, Ive saved your life a few times, those miracles didn't happen by chance. Though, I haven't had to save just your life these past 4 years, I had to save Melody- your, or well, our 4 year old. she's so clumsy, just like me. it always makes you cry when you remember where her brown hair comes from.

her favourite song was everything is awesome, she had her own planty, she was always happy and she was just as confident as I had once been. Every time you ask Lucy what I was like she always said

"He was the nicest, sweetest man you'd ever know.....he put himself before others, he'd take blame for what isn't his fault. if he met you.....he would love you"

She'd be tearing up by the time she had said the 9th word. i actually lived with the 2 and unikitty, I'd sleep with lucy like we used to, I'd hug melody before she went to school and I would sing to unikitty, I did all 3 things even if they wouldnt know. I still can't help but wonder why I was never sent to the clouds. I don't meet many souls like me down here. Lucy kept all of my possessions and displayed them around the room. I like to think she atleast assumes I'm always with her. I think it's really cute. mainly because it's the truth.

Despite the fact nobody is ment to be able to see me I can't help but legitimately think melody is aware of my presence. Yes, she's a 4 year old though the way she reacts when I hug her. She says "who's there?" Which means she can feel me. That's a good thing dont get me wrong but, thats not ment to be possible.

Ive spent these past years by everyone in the group's side. During my funeral I cried myself listening to what everyone had to say. Lucy and melody visit my grave weekly, and yes, Lucy still won't accept my death. Though shes like that. Melody is upset I never got to meet her. Shes been told about the adventures I had been though and she looks up to me more then I thought anyone could.

Today was melody's 5th birthday, today things would change forever. I didn't know that, nobody else in the world would know it either.

--

I was in the living room sitting on the couch.

A small girl could be seen sneaking down the stairs.

She sat next to me on the couch, turning on the tv.

She looked up at me.

"Can you hear me? Ive seen you around but when I tell people they cant see you. Ive never had an imaginary friend who I can see so realistically before"

My eyes widened

"What?"

"You can hear me! What's your name sir?"

"Um....Emmet, this shouldnt be possible"

"My daddy is called that!"

Lucy could be seen walking down the stairs.

"Melody! It's 5am, what are you doing up?"

"Speaking to the guy that you say is only my imagination! His name is Emmet!"

I looked up at her.

"Wait wait, i-i can actually see him-"

"Oh- um hey, I'm not gonna hurt you. Lucy"

She stood there looking at me. No words were being said.

"How...how do you know my name? Why...you...your not alive? How can we see you?"

Melody moved back .

"You told me that night in the city of course."

"Ems?"

"Luce."

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

751 word count. not much to say. If you want more of this tell me in the comments. Rushed sorry.
Mae out!