stargazing | emmetstyle

‼️‼️ HII! ITS 26TH APRIL 2022 MAE! The order of these chapters are mixed up so the author notes might not make sense. But now the events are in order of when they would happen in my AU's timeline! ‼️‼️

Let's say this takes place during apocalypseburg times (I'm sorry I just think a couple with one brooding girl and happy go lucky guy in a apocalypse has so many opportunities for cute content)

Lucy POV.
༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

it was a Sunday, I came home after dealing with some duplo destruction- I was hoping to not have to do anything that day though as one of the last remaining "heroes" your job is never done.

I walked into my apartment, and here's a fun fact- There were many apartment complexes underground, alot of things were underground because as today reminded me and taught many children, most things above land get destroyed. I walked inside the main room crashing into the couch, I wanted five minutes to myself, no brooding, no work, no sounds of the babies in the sewer. Just me, myself and I.

about 4 minutes later I got a text. from Emmet.

Emmet ❤️

Hey Lucy! Are you busy right now?
If so I'll stop texting you in absolute excitement.

I'm not that busy, just got back from dealing with some duplo.
What did you figure out now?

Well, there's going to be a meteor shower tonight!
I..I wanted to know if you were willing to come down and watch with me!
Just a nice way to end the week I guess.

Sounds like a good excuse to get a hour or two without work and stress.
What time is it ment to start?

About 7:30- is that good?

Yeah. I'll be at yours by then.

Ok thanks Lucy! 😁 See later alligator.

After awhile, crocodile.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I turned off my phone looking at the time

"5:00..."

I smiled, still had some time to relax. emmet was always looking for opportunities to hang out or do something. That didn't involve any duplo attacks, injuries of course, all he wanted was just him and I with some time to ourself to forget about the days work and stress.

Time went by fast, and soon enough I was there in his living room with him. He took me to this place off in this field of flowers, which I recognised though I don't know where from. He had a telescope.

"Ive had this for ages- my father gave it to me when I was really young. I do miss him- my younger sister and I have been looking at the wonders of space through it for years now. She has a whole career to do with constellations, stars, and all of that"

"That sounds nice- I don't remember much from either of my parents, I miss them more then I miss anyone. i know it's not like some "emo edgy brooding girl" to care but I wasn't ready for them to leave so soon."

"....."

"What happened to them? I-If you don't mind me asking....that is"

He continued to set up everything, though I had his full attention
I wasn't ready to tell him about me being a singer as I hadn't really told anyone other then vitruvius
Though I felt comfortable enough to tell him other things.

"Well, they were taken away by Lord buisness and his robot henchmen- they were taking all of the master builders away as you now know....some made it out to cccl- I made it out with vitruvius who had saved me. He wasnt able to save my parents... I met other master builders who escaped, including batman, I became closer to vitruvius, I was now kind of like his daughter- he taught me about the piece of resistance and the prophecy, I went off with him and batman to find it. Then....I met you"

"I'm so sorry that happened- sorry for asking. I finished setting up everything, it's going to start soon."

"It's okay, Ive really wanted to tell someone- the whole thing has been on my shoulders for ages"

we layed down besides eachother, looking at the dark sky anyways, the stars were bright and you could see the moon. The meteor shower did start, we were pointing everything we saw out for a few minutes, then we just started to watch.

It looked so pretty.

He held me in his arms, I felt so safe and warm with him, I had completely forgot about everything bad that had happened ever.
The two of us stayed there, relaxed.

Time went by as he offered to walk me home. We arrived at my place when the whole town was told to stay inside wherever you were as there was a major duplo attack, and if any major noises happened it would draw attention to the underground places too.

So, he stayed at my place for quite longer, the two of us fell asleep on my couch watching tv. I was there next to him with my head on his shoulder. I felt him kiss my forehead at one point, I don't know what i ever did to deserve him. He left early in the morning to go to work, I wish he didn't have to. I wouldn't of minded spending breakfast with him. he overworks himself. I should do something about it. He needs to put himself before others for once. I can't lose him. Not again.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

A/N: why is this so short omg 💀💀. well, anyways I have more to say. As you probably know I do take breaks at the beginning of months to focus on other things, there won't be as consistent updates next month as I have school, Easter break is nearly over. I'm hoping to do some drawings for some of these chapters around then, also. I used ao3 as guest for a long time and I only recently put myself on the invitation list. I'm gonna be waiting a month. Ive heard some situations where it's taken 3 months or more for some people so I'm considering myself lucky. It's gonna be worth it in the end, dont know if I'm gonna cross post some of my stories on there. That's a problem for later me. Mae out!

1144 word count.