Chapter Twenty-eight

Isabella's pov;

"I can take care of those things, you don't have to do it. Plus there are maids and Butlers for help." Noah said.

"Do I look like a weak person? I took jobs in construction sites and I carry heavy things around so helping you to organise isn't a thing for me."

"Construction sites?"

"Yeah, that was one of my part-time jobs."

"So there are many?"

I gave a chuckle and said, "Yup! I took a job as a garbage girl in restaurants, bartender in night clubs, waitress in cafes, librarian assistant in book shops, flower shops, giving out pamphlets, lifting heavy things in construction sites..."

"Hold it! Woah! Looking like you took every job on the earth."

I laughed and said, "The jobs that I went to are not that difficult when compared to working here. Those jobs are hourly so I get off soon but here, it's totally different. And I don't know when the contract ends."

"Won't you come here if the contract ends?"

"Um... I didn't give it a thought."

"Okay. Since you know how to carry heavy things, take this." gave me a vase and said, "Take this to the storage room, I don't want it in my room. It gives a weird vibe when I see it. And take it carefully. It's pricey."

I nodded and took the vase from him and carried safely down the stairs.

When I was walking across the hall, I heard Mr Martinez's voice, "What are you doing?"

I turned and saw him entering the house and dropped the vase on the floor. Good god. Ethan catched it before me.

Ethan asked me, "Are you alright, did you hurt your hand?"

I shook my head and looked at Mr Martinez.

"Where are you looking?" Ethan saw him and walked towards him while asking, "Brother! You're early today. I thought you'll be late from work."

"Why are you still here?" Mr Martinez sounded scary.

"Ah! Again with this topic. Brother, listen to this, I can't stay outside. You know how bad I hate hotel food. And, it's only for a week. What's bothering you? Oh! Is it about the girl?"

Why is he talking about me?

Mr Martinez said to Mr Johnson, "You may leave now."

"Yes, Sir." He nodded and left the house. Mr Martinez climbed the stairs to go upstairs.

Ethan gave a stare at me.

"I said I carry heavy things. Even if they fall on the ground, it doesn't break."

Ethan said, "Okay. I'll carry the vase."

"No! I'll carry it. Trust me on this. I can do it. I want to give it a try. I want to know whether I'm capable of carrying those things."

After putting things in the storage room along with the Butler's, I headed to the first floor to go to Mr Martinez's room.

While I was on the way, Ethan was shifting his room.

I asked Ethan, "Your room is on the second floor, right?"

"Yeah, but I don't want to be alone there. Since my brother and you are staying here, I want to be on the first floor too. Okay, why are you still up?"

"I came to see Mr Martinez."

"Okay. Good night."

I knocked on Mr Martinez's door but he didn't respond. I think he's asleep. When I tried to leave, I heard Mr Martinez's voice, "What are you doing here?" Mr Martinez's voice startled me a little.