Chapter Thirty-five

Isabella's pov;

Sonoma County Museum.

Museum?

I'm standing in front of a building carved with an ancient design with a name ... Museum. Why did Mr Martinez bring me here? Is this place he wanted me to take me? The most boring place in the world after my mom's workplace.

"What are you waiting for? Come on." Signalled me to follow him inside.

When I entered the museum, I felt like I should have gone to school today by lying that I had an important thing to do. Why am I here? Why did I agree when he asked me? I don't like it here. It's so silent. I could hear people footsteps since the place was so silent.

Mr Martinez was looking at a painting near the entrance and stood in front of it for a long time. I'm already feeling sleepy here. When I let out a yawn while waiting for him to move from that place, a guy in late 50s stared at me. Am I not allowed to yawn too? Uff!

People who were passing stared at my outfit and left. I know it wasn't up to the theme of the museum because some were in suits, some were casual who were tourists, some were in outfits for business meetings whereas I was in a flashy pink crop top with torn knee length denim jeans.

Finally, Mr Martinez moved away from that painting and walked in to explore the other things in the museum and I followed him. He stood in front of every painting, sculptures for a long time and looked at it. And I yawned secretly beside him. He didn't even say a word after entering the museum. It felt like I came alone here. If he's not going to talk with me then why did he bring me here? Why not come alone to stare at these boring pictures and sculptures?

Mr Martinez moved from one place to another with intervals of time.

I saw some tourists talking about some paintings in the museums and taking pictures. One of them walked to me and asked, "Can you please take a picture of us?"

"Yeah."

They looked like newlyweds. I bet they're on their honeymoon.

I asked them to stand in front of the painting they wanted and took pictures of them. They looked so cute, posing in a cute way.

I gave their camera back to them and said, "I hope it came out well."

They checked the pictures and thanked me and walked further into the museum. I never knew the museum was a fun spot for newlyweds.

"Do you know how to take a picture?" Mr Martinez asked me.

"Yup! I worked in studios too. I worked along with my friend, Sophia, so I had so much fun while I was working along with her. I didn't become a pro at taking pictures but I know a little about landscape and the lighting while taking a picture."

He gave a nod and returned to starting the paintings and I continued walking along with him.

When i looked from outside, it looked like some small house but inside, it's a never ending space.   Moreover, I couldn't understand the meaning of the paintings. On one hand, every painting was in black and white and on the other side, there were paintings of colourful mountains and sceneries. I couldn't come to the conclusion about the theme of the museum. The sculptures were also different in their structures. There was one sculpture which caught my eye, a skeletal sculpture having a live dragon emerging out of its skull. What do they mean by this? What are they trying to portray to the visitors? While I was wondering about the museum, I saw a guide nearby explaining the museum to his guest so I eavesdropped on them a bit.

"One can walk through the time, from past to the present in the Exhibits in the Sonoma County Museum. Paintings reflect the beauty of nature in different histories. Every year..."