Prologue.

The sanctuary in the church was empty apart from the many flower bouquets left by sympathetic mourners that surrounded a closed black casket. A woman in a slim black dress rested her head and arms against the cool surface of the lid as she sobbed. "I'm sorry… Tiffany, I'm so s-sorry… it's all my fault… you're gone because of me…" The guilt and sadness she felt were unbearable no matter how much time had passed. Every night for the past year she had found herself back at that funeral all alone, but she never became numb to the experience.

With every nightly visit to the sanctuary her surroundings became more detailed and realistic, it was like the place became a little more alive. She couldn't leave through the sanctuary doors and could only wait until she woke up, not that waiting was a problem when she had so much left to say to Tiffany. She had begun to wonder if she would go to sleep one night only to never wake up and be stuck within that awful memory of hers forever. It was a terrible thought that sent a chill down her spine as she continued to cry over the coffin. 

"Miss?" A soft voice spoke behind her, breaking through the previous silence that had hung heavy in the still air like a blanket. 

She stood up with a jolt of shock, whirling around to face where the voice had come from. Her heart thumped in her chest, in all the nights she had spent there she had never once seen another person. Brushing the remaining tears from her eyes, her blurry vision cleared and she gasped when she caught sight of his face. 

Because it was a dream the finer points were unclear and changing, she could make out that his hair was blonde and fluffy, but what made her gasp was his eyes. They were the exact same shade of sap green that Tiffany's had been. "Who-who are you?" She asked, trying not to break into tears again as she continued to look into his eyes, unable to look away. "This is my dream..." She couldn't stop the tears from falling down her face, he looked just like her.

"I know you're sad miss, but I-I need you." He told her tenderly as he reached out and wiped away the droplets on her face. After that, he trailed his hand down and took hold of both of her hands, clasping them tightly in his own. "Please, come find me, help me, save me." He begged, his green eyes wide.

"B-but how?" She stammered, transfixed by his gaze. She felt heartsick, yet the warmth of his hands eased that pain. "How do I find you? I don't even know who you are I-"

She was interrupted and utterly stunned when he placed a quick kiss on her lips. "You'll know me when you see me…" he said after he pulled away, a bashful blush on his cheeks as he looked away shyly. "p-please, come find me, miss."

Madeline awoke with a jolt in her bed, in her large bedroom, flustered by the unexpected presence in her familiar dream. Pushing her brown hair out of her eyes she grabbed a pen and the dream journal from her nightstand and began to record every detail of her dream before her memories faded. 

Meanwhile, in a different part of the city, a young man with blonde hair and green eyes fell off his small bed onto the messy floor and woke up with a start. He sighed in disappointment, the pink tint to his cheeks quickly vanishing. He wrapped the blanket around his head as he thought about his strange dream. 

He didn't even know that lady, why had he asked her to save him when he was perfectly fine. He bit his lip, his cheeks turning rosy again as he remembered kissing her. "Of course, it was a dream, that's the only place I'd ever be confident enough to kiss such a beautiful woman…" he was quickly distracted from his disappointment when he looked at the clock and realized that it was noon and he was already supposed to be at work. "Oh shit!" He exclaimed as he ran out the door of his apartment, his strangely vivid dream forgotten within the hour. 

A/N

So, as you have probably guessed, the female lead in this story is none other than Madeline, Tiffany's eldest sister from Loyal Hound.

As you also have probably guessed, this book will have heavy femdom/mommydom influence, and I understand if that's not your cup of tea.

All the same, thank you for giving this book a chance even though it is a bit of a departure from my normal genre.

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~