2. guilty

It was their first night together.

Jungwon had been dreading this time the entire day, as it probably meant having to sleep in the same room, the same bed as Jay. Throughout the day, he had been pretty distant from Jay. But that was going to change.

"Jungwon?" Jay called from the bedroom.

"Yeah?"

"Are you sleepy yet?"

He knew what was coming.

"Uh... no, actually. I'll sleep later. You go to sleep though, you have a long day tomorrow," Jungwon practically rapped, his heart thudding in his chest and ringing in his ears.

"Alright. Don't stay up too late," Jay replied, his voice as sweet as honey, laced with the purest compassion.

This was a sharp slap on the face to Jungwon from guilt. He felt extremely guilty for not responding to Jay the way he was supposed to — with love. But he didn't.

"Okay. Good night," was all that left his mouth that night even after guilt came, danced on his dinner plate, slapped him a couple of times in the face, kicked him in the balls, called him a loser and kissed him on the lips.

Oh boy, this was going nowhere.

Hours passed. Jungwon was now drinking a cocktail of guilt spiked with insomnia. Brilliant. He found himself in the balcony once more — he really liked Jay's balcony — sitting and staring at the silver twinkling stars against the obsidian night sky.

Jungwon half expected Dalhyun to pop up beside him and give him another lecture. He honestly wouldn't mind; he found that more comforting than this whirlpool of emotion. It was nearing 2 AM, and in all honesty, Jungwon was so sleepy, it felt like there were weights strapped to his eyelids. Cold gusts of wind blew through the air, making a wind chime above him tinkle, almost lulling him to sleep. He couldn't take it anymore. Much like a cat, he curled up into the deck chair, catching one last look at the little succulents on the railing before sleep overtook him completely.

Guilty.

That's how Jungwon woke up to Jay's gentle hand on his shoulder shaking him awake.

"Jungwon?"

"Where am I?" the younger boy yawned, rubbing his eyes.

"...in my balcony. I wanted to ask you why?"

The sting of guilt's smacks from the previous night scorched through his veins, sending blood rushing to his head. So much so, he began seeing dark spots swimming in his vision.

Before he knew it, he was trying to get up from the deck chair, and everything went sharp white, then pitch black.

It felt like a lot of time had passed.

"What the hell happened?" Jungwon asked Jay who was sitting on the chair beside the sofa he was lying down on. Jay looked toward the younger boy, and thought, 'how harmless he looks when he's knocked out.'

"You blacked out," Jay replied, stopping himself before telling Jungwon the rest of the story. He smiled inwardly as he recalled catching the younger in his arms and carrying him to the sofa. "Please have some water."

Jungwon followed Jay's finger to the glass of water next to him, and took a sip, sitting up.

"You never answered me — why did you sleep in the balcony?" Jay asked, a sliver of hurt swimming in his words.

It didn't go unnoticed by Jungwon, who felt like bursting into tears once more. He didn't like Jay; this shouldn't have been affecting him so much.

Did he like Jay?