9. telepathy?

As soon as Jungwon was discharged from the hospital, Heeseung had messaged Jay and planned to drop in for lunch that weekend with the gang for a whille

The doorbell rang and Jay rushed to the door to welcome Heeseung, Jake and Niki.

"Hey, come in," Jay smiled, wrapping each of them in a hug one by one.
"How are you doing?" Niki asked, patting Jay on the back and smiling.
"I'm alright, the one you should be asking that to is Jungwon. He's in that room," Jay said, pointing to a door across the hall.
"We'll go say hi, then," Jake nodded before walking along with Niki.

"How are you, honestly?" Heeeung inquired softly but in a more serious tone, placing a gentle hand on his best friend's shoulder.
"I'm… not that great, Heeseung. It's been stressful. First the stress between Jungwon and I when he hated me—"
"Jay, that's over. Don't latch onto it," Heeseung cut him off and pulled him into a hug.
"I know," the younger boy sighed, melting into Heeseung's arms. "But it's not an easy memory to brush aside. He nearly killed himself, Jay. I cleaned his blood. Twice."
"I know," the older boy soothed, "but you need to let go. Okay? It's not easy at all, I'm a psychology student, I would know. But you have to promise me you'll try."
Jay stayed silent for a while and eventually mumbled, 'I promise'.
"He loves you, okay? He really, really lives you. You do know that, right?" Heeseung felt tears wet the collar of his shirt. "Don't cry, Jay. It's alright."
"What if he doesn't love me, though?"
"Why would you say that?!" Heeseung pulled away from Jay and looked him dead in the eye.
"After he got assaulted, I walked up to him to check if he was okay, and he screamed at me, telling me to get away from him. I tried to tell him it was just me, but he tried to run away."
"Jay it's just that he was in shock. He didn't mean anything of it. He wasn't even himself. I studied people of his kind, and all of them have a sort of split personality that arises when they are in complete shock–" Heeseung was cut off by Jungwon's voice calling for him, and the doorbell ringing again at the same time. "Just don't worry about anything. I'm always here to talk," Heeseung murmured into Jay's ear before heading towards Jungwon's room and leaving the younger boy to open the door for Sunoo and Sunghoon.

Jungwon seemed to instantly feel better after being reunited with his best friend, Sunoo, who was equally happy to see that Jungwon was okay. After they ate lunch, some of then pulled a chair and sat around the bed, while Sunoo and Jay sat on the bed next to Jungwon. The whole group was filling him in on the college gossip he had missed while he was admitted in the hospital.

The current topic of interest was about Sunghoon's sister, Yeji, and her classmate, Hyewon.

"So then basically Yeji decided to follow her all the way to the damn terrace to find her working on this massive art piece on this massive canvas spread out on the floor and when she looked at it she said she saw a portrait of these two women kissing," Sunoo rattled in one breath.

"Yeah, and what my superbly stupid sister thought was that Hyewon was going to ask someone out with that picture. I have no idea what goes on in that baboon's head," Sunghoon explained after.

"Like brother like sister, what can I say," Jungwon grinned cheekily, earning a high five from Jake and Heeseung.
"Oh shut up you're literally a flower in human form you have no right to be saying anything about me or her being a baboon", Sunghoon said, sharing a look with Niki who burst out laughing.
"Guys, no flower racism here, okay? Also just let me finish," Sunoo huffed and pouted. "So basically Hyewon's painting is our schools new LGBT campaign. Awesome, right? The idea came from this thing that happened last week where this teacher sent these two guys who were holding hands in my year to the principal's office, but didn't even say a word about a guy and a girl literally making out in the bathroom. Infuriating, I know. But guess what? The principal lowkey shipped the guys but still had to tell them off for PDA, but at least she also yelled at the guy and the girl for "sexual activity on campus", much more than she did at the guys. Amazing!"
"Principal Yoon is a fucking legend," Jake sighed.
"Indeed. Oh Niki, what's up at school? How's your final year going?" Jungwon asked, turning towards Niki.
"Nothing brilliant. I have exams soon, and Sunoo's trying desparately to help me study math. it doesn't seem to be working," he chortled, looking half apologetically at Sunoo who glared at him and scoffed.
"Don't blame me if you fail 12th grade," the boy grumbled, making everyone else laugh.