6. more and more

Jungwon and Jay's relationship healed, along with the younger boy's scars, and much like the wounds he kept hidden under sweaters and hoodies, they confined their relationship to the privacy of their house.

It was relieving, to be honest, that all the tension between them had completely disappeared. They even had their occasional sweet moments, where they would cuddle during a movie marathon, and fall asleep in each other's arms.

One particular evening after a hectic Tuesday at college they were at a spontaneous almost-end-of-year stressbuster meet-up at a restaurant for dinner with the entire gang of seven. Jake had just picked up Niki from his extra classes and arrived at the table last.

"To the boys, for surviving another year at college, to Jungwon for surviving his first year and to Niki, for surviving his last year at school," Heeseung toasted, holding up a glass of "cranberry juice" up in front of him. "To the boys," the other six chorused, clinking glasses of their own respective drinks and sipping.

"We forgot to toast one thing," Sunghoon grinned, side-eyeing Heeseung, "congratulations to Heeseung, for fucking finally getting himself a boyfriend."

"OMG, congratulations Heeseungie!" Sunoo squeaked, taking another sip of Niki's drink. Yes, Niki's drink, because why the hell would he want to drink his own drink when Niki's tastes so much better? Plus, Niki also liked Sunoo's drink more anyway, so it was a win-win.

"Give us the details!"

"We met at a bar last week, took him home. Contrary to what we expected, we watched an entire season of Squid Game. And we've been seeing each other since then." A blush crept onto his cheeks and elicited a whoop from Niki.

The night went on as if they all didn't have school and college respectively the next day, but who cares?

They wrapped up the evening after they saw Heeseung safely get into a taxi, considering he had a couple of glasses of wine. Jake assured that he'd get Sunghoon, Sunoo and Niki back home safely, and then, Jay and Jungwon made their way back home in their own car.

To say they were exhausted wouldn't be doing justice to their state at all.

As Jay drove the Sköda back home, Jungwon was nodding off in the passenger's seat. Jay had switched on some soft, ambient music, and the song currently playing was 'Sweater Weather' by The Neighbourhood. It was a quiet ride, for the most part, broken occasionally when they both sang along to the lyrics they knew.

"Sleepy?"

"Very," the younger replied after a colossal yawn.

"We're almost home," Jay assured, speeding up slightly over the empty road.

"Alright."

The song changed to 'fools' by Foster, and the calm, lo-fi beat with its gentle rhythmic rap and beautiful vocals in between lured Jungwon to sleep while he fought to keep his eyes open.

Immediately after they reached home, Jungwon dropped his backpack on the floor and pretty much collapsed onto the couch, falling asleep instantly.

"Jungwon," the older boy sighed, gently shaking the boy awake. "Change out of your clothes, and come to the bedroom, please?"

Jungwon nodded through half lidded eyes and half-crawled, half-dragged himself to the room. He lazily changed into his night shorts and barely took off his shirt when sleep overcame him completely, he fell back onto the bed and failed to keep his eyes open any longer. The lights were still on, Jungwon's black Converse and socks were lying shabbily in one corner, and his jeans were bunched up and strewn across the floor. He hadn't taken off any of his jewellery; his earrings were still on his ears and his necklace on his neck. His rings, too, but that's alright. He never took those rings off, anyway.

As Jay walked into the room, he was greeted by this sight: A half clothed Jungwon with his night-shirt half off his torso, not even under the blanket. Jay sighed, and decided to not wake Jungwon up. He sat on the bed in front of Jungwon and took Jungwon's shirt from the bed to put into the laundry basket later.

"Adorable little thing," the older boy cooed softly to himself as he attempted to put Jungwon's t-shirt on fully without waking the boy up. There was something domestic about moments like these. It was like having that assurance that what he was doing was okay; even if Jungwon was awake he would allow this to happen. As Jay moved off the bed to take Jungwon's earrings off, he only prayed that the movement wouldn't wake Jungwon up — he knew the boy had very sensitive ears.

Alas, Jungwon did wake up, and well, we all know what half asleep Jungwon is like. Effectively drunk.

"Jay?" He whimpered, looking up at the older.

"Shit, I'm so sorry Jungwon, just go back to sleep, alright?" the older mumbled hurriedly, quickly taking the rest of the earrings off. It was a wonder how this boy already had three piercings in both ears, yet he still wore earcuffs. He was fascinated with earrings.

"Come sleep with me," the younger boy pouted, reaching up and wrapping his arms around Jay's neck, pulling him down to face level. To Jungwon, he was half asleep, and in his case it's equivalent to being drunk, and so he had no idea what he was doing, and what position he was putting Jay in. Their lips were mere centimetres away from each other, and Jay had to fight every urge to just give Jungwon a quick peck on his sweet lips.

"I'm coming, Jungwon," Jay replied, removing the younger's arms from his neck. He walked to Jungwon's jewellery box and put all of the earrings in their place, and walked back to the bed. He had changed already, and so he just switched the light off and crawled into the sheets with Jungwon, who instantly, almost like iron to a magnet, clung onto Jay. Jay smiled, wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and ran one of his hands through Jungwon's hair and down his back. Then up, then back down.

"How is it possible to love someone more and more each day?," the older boy whispered, lacing his fingers into Jungwon's hair.

Though Jungwon was fast asleep, he seemed to respond; he stirred a little, nuzzled closer into Jay's chest and wrapped his limbs around Jay even tighter. Jay turned to lie on his back and have Jungwon lie on his chest. The slow, rhythmic rise and fall of Jungwon's chest against his hand was oddly soothing, and in no time, Jay was asleep as well.

—