Eight

Lexi sat off to the side on set, next to Chris's friend Jon, both of them watching Chris's scene unfold.

"He's going to trip. I hope he trips."

She laughed, playfully hitting Jon on the arm. "Don't say that! You're terrible."

Jon shrugged, grinning. "Would make for a good story though."

Rolling her eyes, Lexi retorted, "You're such an idiot." She glanced back at Chris, who was visibly shivering as he waited for the scene to restart. "He looks cold. Aren't you and Zach his assistants? Shouldn't you be taking care of him?"

Jon chuckled. "Sure, but I'm pretty sure he'd prefer it if you brought his jacket."

She scoffed and grabbed Chris's jacket. "Fine, I'll do it." She made her way to Chris and handed him the jacket with a smile. "Are you alright?"

Chris nodded, a faint smile on his face. "Yeah, just freezing my ass off." He leaned in close to her ear. "Maybe you can help me warm up later."

She giggled, playing along. "You wish, Evans."

He smirked, his tone playful. "Oh, I do. You'll see in your room later."

Lexi laughed softly and walked away, going back to her seat next to Jon. She watched Chris wink at her before turning her attention back to the scene.

🍌🍌

Lexi was lying in bed when she heard Chris enter her hotel room. Over the past couple of months, they had been intimately involved and were practically inseparable, often staying over at each other's places. She smiled as he came to lay beside her under the blanket. "Hi."

She set her book on the nightstand and felt his kisses on her neck. But then, he seemed a bit serious. "We need to talk."

She pushed him away playfully, raising an eyebrow. "Okay, stop with the kisses and talk, Evans."

He took a deep breath. "My brother is coming to visit in a few days, and I want you to meet him. Not just as the costume girl, but as my girlfriend..."

Lexi's smile widened, and she pulled him closer. "Girlfriend?"

Chris chuckled, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "Yeah. I mean, we've practically been joined at the hip for the past two months whenever we're not on set. Doesn't that make you my girlfriend?"

Lexi nodded, her eyes shining. "I certainly hope so."

"Great. If things go well with Scott, I was thinking you could come back to Boston with me for Christmas?"

She considered for a moment, her hand gently resting on his cheek. "If you're serious about this, then yes. But remember, you'd have to make the same gesture for me."

"Absolutely. I'd love to visit your family in... Maine, right?"

Lexi chuckled softly, tracing a pattern on his neck. "Yes, Maine it is."

Chris's grin grew wider. "Deal! I love you, Alexis."

"I love you too, Chris. Now, let's get back to the kissing." She beamed at him as he chuckled and resumed showering her neck with kisses.

🍌🍌

"Lexi."

She looked past Sebastian to see Chris enter her work room a few days later. "Hey. One sec." She looked back at Sebastian. "Now please stop tearing your jacket or I'll kill you."

Sebastian laughed, "yes ma'am. Thank you."

She shook her head as he left, standing up as Chris approached with Scott. Before he could say anything she heard the annoying voice from the door.

"Oh my god, Chris! Is this your brother?"

Lexi hung her head down as Hayley approached them before they could get to her, crossing her arms as she watched their interaction.

Chris chuckled, nodding, "yeah. This is my brother Scott. This is Hayley."

Hayley grinned, shaking his hand, "it's so great to meet you, I just love your brother."

"Heidi? Is there something you need from me? Because I need to go over costumes with Chris for the day." Lexi heard Scott and Chris snicker as Hayley turned back to her.

"It's Hayley. And no. I just wanted to meet Chris's brother."

Lexi gave her the best fake smile she could muster, "Hayley. Right. How silly. Well have a good day." She heard her huff and leave the room as Chris laughed.

"So territorial."

Lexi scoffed, "she doesn't know her boundaries."

"I know." Chris laughed again, this time kissing her on the cheek. He motioned to Scott. "This is my brother Scott. Scott, this is my girlfriend.."

"Alexis. Yes. It's nice to finally meet you."

She smiled as he hugged her, "you too!"

"I've heard all about banana butt girl." Scott laughed as Chris groaned.

Lexi looked at Chris, "oh you have, have you?"

Chris sighed, "I told you before I wanted to ask you out. I had planned to after we finished filming. But then the whole banana thing and I couldn't look you in the eyes anymore."

She grabbed Chris's hand, "that's okay. I'm glad we waited."

He grinned, "me too. I love you. We can have dinner tonight? The three of us?"

Lexi shrugged, "yeah. Of course. I love you too. Now get out." She heard him laugh as he kissed her cheek before following Scott out.