Chapter Fifteen

why are hot sauce bottles so weird have u noticed that

also why are grapes so many calories have u also noticed that don't even get me started on raisins

anyway im back at it with this story because i recently find myself relating to aiden once more. he is my comfort character, because he understands me and perhaps he understands some of you as well

love u

Chapter Fifteen

Aiden's POV

"Bro, look at this." Axel showed me a bottle of hot sauce that had the word 'ass' on it. Axel snickered, and I wanted to go home. Lucas grabbed the bottle from him, and placed it back on the shelf.

"Grow up, Axel." He said, pushing his glasses up off his nose.

Axel frowned, "You grow up."

I had a headache, and grocery shopping was one of my least favorite things to do. Typically the three of us go together. It wasn't ideal, but Lucas didn't trust Axel to buy food for himself, and I can't blame him. If Axel had his way, his diet would consist of flavored tortilla chips and energy drinks. The issue with that is, Axel would never let Lucas accompany him while shopping, so we all go together to make it look like it's more convenient for us, when in reality, it was because Axel is an idiot.

Lucas was studying to be a nutritionist, so it wasn't surprising that nutrition was important to him. Both his parents worked in the medical field, his mother a surgeon, and his father a man with two degrees, one in nursing, one in psychology, to which he then opened his own office, and has several psychologist working underneath him. If Lucas had his way, we'd probably all be drinking vegetable smoothies three times a day, and getting evaluated weekly with a therapist.

"Aiden?" Axel snaps his fingers in front of my face, breaking me from my daze, "You zoned out again."

"Sorry, tired."

"You've been tired for the last several days." Lucas informs, making me frown.

"Yeah, stress, lots of homework, haven't really been getting sleep."

Aiden clapped his hands, "You need an energy drink my friend, I'll go pick one out for you." He began to walk away, but Lucas grabbed his arm, pulling him back.

"No he doesn't. Energy drinks are poison, we want him awake, not dead."

"I drink one everyday, and I'm fine."

Lucas gives me a look, a look I return. "It is a wonder how you've survived this long." He tells him, and Axel blinks at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're a fucking idiot, that's what it means."

"I'm an idiot? Are you serious? You just worry too fucking much."

"You defy medical data, Axel, you're body is bound to fail if you keep doing what you're doing."

Axel scrunched up his face, "You sound like my mom."

"Your mom who is a doctor and now running for school board? Yeah, good."

I tried to find something worth buying, a low calorie food that was worth my own investment, whilst simultaneously easing Lucas's suspicions that I might be just as unhealthy as Axel.

I've been incredibly paranoid for the last several days. I had been so fucking arrogant, telling myself nobody would know about what I do, and then Juniper suffocates any bit of confidence I had.

I am so fucking stupid.

I didn't realize she had followed me outside the party, how was I supposed to know she had her eye on me all night? I thought she hated me, and now she wants to help me? It doesn't make any sense.