Chapter Five

This is an unedited chapter I apologize I will edit it shortly

Chapter Five

Juniper's POV

"Wake up!" I shout at Roxanne, as she pulls her pillow over her face. 

"Stop! Go away." She grips her blankets as I try to throw them off of her.

"Come on." I tell her, as I impatiently, cross my arms over my chest, "It's six in the morning, we have to go on our run."

"Uhg, not today." She said, swallowing hard, "My hangover is strong, and it's winning."

I stare at her, well, I stare at the heap of blankets and pillows that she's hiding under, "I can't go by myself."

"Yes, you can, you're a big girl."

I frown, "I'm not a big girl, I'm a little girl who needs motivation to run by her best friend."

She huffed and lifted her head out of her pillow to look at me, "Just go. If I go running, I'll inevitably throw up all over myself, and the last thing I want to do right now is see Aiden with vomit on my shirt."

She had a point, but still I groaned, "Fine."

Her hand poked out through the blankets and she pointed at her shoes that sat on the floor against the wall, "Wear my shoes so you don't break any bones."

"I will." I tell her, secretly happy that she said I could use them. Just in case I ran into a certain arrogant idiot, at least he couldn't make fun of me for my shoes.

I quickly got dressed into my workout clothes and ran out of the dorm building. I didn't want to go running anymore than Roxanne did, but I vowed to lose ten pounds, and I was going to do just that.

Already winded, just from running out of the dorm building, I broke into a half-walk half-run situation and began make my way around the university campus.

It didn't take me long to notice him. He was several feet away from me, running at full speed. He was quick, and I was jealous, and annoyed that I was alone.

I didn't even attempt to run after him in fear I'd make a fool of myself again.

Instead, I ran a safe distance behind him, and creepily watched as he was circling the campus. It wasn't long before he was behind me, coming up faster and faster, that I considered running and hiding instead of showing my face.

I didn't want to talk to him. And I certainly didn't want him to make fun of me because of how slow I was.

"I didn't expect you to be out here again." He said as he ran up from behind me and slowed to match my pace.

"What's the supposed to mean?" I ask flatly, realizing my bad mood was clearly visible through my tone.

He shrugged, "Roxanne drank a lot last night, didn't think you'd come without her."

"I'm completely capable of doing things on my own." I say, not mentioning the fact that I called myself a little girl earlier, and begged Roxanne to come with me.

"Of course, no disrespect." Though the smirk on his face showed his obvious amusement.

I stopped and looked up at him, "Stop making fun of me."

He stopped too, a glint of humor still placated in his eyes, "I would never."

I grunted, desperate to change the subject, "Are you feeling better? Please tell me you aren't stupid enough to run when you're sick."

He stared at me for a moment, a look of confusion forming on his face before it was covered by a mask of indifference, "Oh, right, yeah, I feel a lot better."