Pre-Dinner-A-Rooney

Joey's POV:

Diggie and I had to go and help mom make lunch. Well, I for a fact, was very excited to do this. It was like best-friend bonding time for me and Diggie. I had to savour this moment because at dinner he was gonna be all googly-eyed over Maddie. This meant I had five and a half hours to bond with him.

This might make it so that at dinner he will pay more attention to me, his best friend, than Maddie, my sister/his girlfriend. I walked in and went straight to making sandwiches with mom. Diggie walked in and waved at mom, "Hey Mrs Rooney, " he began cheerfully, "and Joey... " he completed with his voice heading more in the, "Oh god, this guy again" direction, rather than the "AYEEE, it's my best friend" direction.

The second direction would've been better but I guess I'll deal with what I have.

"Hey Diggie, my man!" I exclaimed putting my hand in the air, implying for gin to give me a high five. He gently pushed my hand back down and went to helping my mom. I guess he has something on his mind. Oh well, time to get making my baloni sandwiches.

Parker's POV:

Y/n and I were starting on our home work. It was quite simple, but it was still my favourite subject. Science!
Me and y/n both shared an equal yet strong interest in science. Whenever we had a partner project, we always worked together.

She sat down on her spinny chair and (not gonna lie) IT'S SO COOL!!!
Whilst spinning, she asked, "So, what do you wanna do for our project?"
I sighed, "Well we have to base it on 'defying gravity' so there's a lot of things we could do but it would be hard to make."

I could see the light bulb above her head light up and she replied, "We could make shoes that defy Earth's gravity pull!" I took a brief second to consider it and finally answered, "That's an amazing idea! We already have the materials in your 'spare junk drawer'."
She smiled and we got to work.

"Parker, hand me a wrench, a saw and a screwdriver." She demanded holding out her hand waiting for me to give her the tools. I looked at her and put on a fake pouty face, "You forgot the magic word. " I said looking at her expectantly whilst holding the tools out of her reach. She gave me a death stare and forced herself to mumble, "Please..." I patted her head and exclaimed, "Good girl, using your manners and everything!"

She gave me (yet again) a death stare and snatched it from my hand and continued to work on the shoes. I soon remembered that; this was a partner project and I had basically left her to do everything by herself. As I was about to do a few adjustments on the right shoe, I noticed she let out a little 'ow'.

I looked at her concerned and asked, "Hey, what happened?" It was clear she was in pain but she always denies it. She sighed and breathed heavily, "I-I'm fine." I stared in disbelief. Why was she hiding the whole of her left hand? Then due to her dropping something, I got a glimpse of her hand. She had sawed into it and it was big. It wasn't much of a deep cut but it was absolutely massive.

"Y/n, you're not okay. Come on, let's get you a bandage." I stated. She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Fine." We walked downstairs and saw my mom walk into the living room and jump. She ran over and started yelling at me, "PARKER! What did you do to her!?!" I looked at her confused, "WHAT?!? YOU THINK I DID THIS?"
I yelled in response.

Suddenly, I saw y/n fall backwards beside me. I caught her just in time and realised she had fainted. The wound may not have looked bad but it did a lot of damage...
Diggie walked in humming and froze in shock, "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SISTER?!?" I was stunned, my best friend had just fallen back into my arms. I picked her up fully and placed her gently on the couch.

"What do we do?" I asked pacing around. I was a panicking wreck. Luckily, dad walked in at the right time and grabbed the first aid kit out of the cupboard. He got bandages and wrapped up her wound. I began crying a flood of tears and mumbled, "It's all my fault!" My mom looked at me and sighed, "Honey, it's not your fault. Now, what happened?" I looked at the floor and barely even above a whisper told her, "We were working on our school science project and she accidentally sawed into her arm."

I already knew we had to take her to the Hospital but I couldn't bare to think she would get surgery. Diggie rounded us all up and said, "Everyone in the car. Parker you keep hold of
y/n. it will show her comfort if she can still feel and hear." We all got into the car. I held her tightly yet gently and whispered in her ear, "Don't worry y/n, I promise you that you'll be okay." With that, I kissed her softly on her forehead and we continued the journey.

Diggie's POV:

'I'm fine.' I kept telling myself. Even though I knew it wasn't doing anything, other than making me lie to myself. Just stay calm, she will be fine. Mr Rooney insisted that he drived. When I looked to the far back of the car, I saw Parker crying. I wanted to say something but it would've been best to leave him be.

He was crying and rocking her back and forth. I notice him whispering into her ear, in hope she could hear his reassurance. I felt so bad for him. Obviously, I was upset about her getting hurt like this but everyone knew it had affected him most of all. He kissed her forehead and nuzzled his head into her neck.

If she didn't survive or it ended up worse than before, the kid would be crushed forever. We had to make sure she would be okay, because Parker needed her in his life. He can't bare being 5 minutes away from her. I would hate to see what happened if she died. We needed her to survive...