Getting Ready

{Your POV}

After an hour of training a few others came to join us until we had everyone training together. I barely even noticed Wil was gone until he came back and told everyone to go in the van for some lunch, he had some news for us.

We all followed him back to the van and while we ate the grilled cheese that had been prepared Wil started to talk, We are going to the castle for dinner tonight, wear something nice. It will be formal so wear the best things you have.

he then took the last bite of the grilled cheese in his hand and left to who knows where. Everyone else gave each other side glances while I just looked at my plate and finished my food.

"I'm going to go get ready for dinner then." I told the rest of the group, they simply nodded and continued whispering.

This would be my first time in a castle and my first time meeting the kings, the only thing I knew about them was their names George and Dream, as Wilbur would mention them all the time while talking to the others.

I decided on a dress that has an ombre effect of forest green, fading into a dark almost navy blue. I grabbed some shoes and picked out a couple pieces of jewelry I had made a few years back.

Before I had put on my necklace, I heard a knock at my door. I just set it I my left hand while going up to the door and opening it with my right.

As Wilbur stood outside of my house he asked if I was ready, I responded with "just one last thing..." while pulling my hair out of the way and trying to get the necklace around my neck.

Wil must have seen my struggle because the next thing I knew, he was clasping the chain together while I had my hair in my hands, holding it out of the way.

I quickly fixed my hair and jewelry before turning to Wilbur.
"How do I look?" I asked hoping he would like it.
"Astonishing. " he said somewhat quietly, while motioning to the door, for us to leave.

"Are you ready to go?"

(371 words)
(Not proofread)