Turmoil & Euphoria

Sorry about the delay, enjoy :)

She wakes up feeling good about herself, doing her hair and getting dressed before heading out into the world again this time energized and ready to face anything in her way.

*Why should I care if I'm late today, I've done nothing but been on time the past three years! Hell I don't think I even want to go to work today!* She thinks to herself before making a smile and tossing her briefcase back into her apartment.

She walks around her district on a clear sunny day, hoping to see her hero swinging by. She wishes she knew how to talk to the famous masked man this city loves dearly, least say thank you for saving her and opening her eyes from her stressful routine.

*Hopefully sometime these days I'll meet you again Spider-Man, my hero.* She smiles to herself, looking up at the skyline of the city.

Spider-Man in the meantime sat in his apartment bed deep in thought. His best friend's dad turned out to be the psychotic goblin after all and now he's gonna be locked away for it. He debates whether to tell Harry the truth that he's Spider-Man or force himself to lie to his childhood friend.

He picks up his phone and dials Harry, waiting for the ringing to stop and blinks when he hears Harry answers.

"Hey Pete."

"Harry, I'm sorry about what happened are you alright man?" Peter asks as he walks around his apartment, even walking on the walls.

"It's a nightmare Peter, the company is in turmoil after what happened last night. I knew my dad and I were distant but.... God this sickens me horribly."

"Harry look, why don't we go somewhere private and talk?"

"Yeah yeah yeah um that sounds great Pete, I need to get away from all the press and attention right now. Where do you want us to meet at?"

"How's about we meet at the abandoned warehouse near the docks?"

"The one where that drug bust happened months ago?"

"Yeah that one, let's meet around eight tonight."

"Alright that'll work, see you then Pete." Harry hangs up as Peter sighs and plops back onto his bed again.

*Come on Peter, Harry's your best friend he'll understand right? Maybe he'll get upset and just won't talk to me for a bit and we'll reconcile later? Better he knows I'm Spider-Man and explain my reasoning.*

He sits in his bed feeling the clock being the slowest it's ever been before moving second by second before reaching a minute at a time. Least thing he wants to lose in this world is one more friend.