School Dance

Anya and Damian are in middle school here so they are about 14-15 ish.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's the winter formal dance at Eden academy, all the boys and girls of said academy have dressed to impress their fellow classmates. Anya is wearing a sage green off-the-shoulder tea-length dress courtesy of Becky. Becky's outfit consisted of a beautiful dark blue ballroom gown adorned with gold accessories. Damian sported a black suit with a sage green tie, not because he wanted to match with Anya or anything just because it looked nice.

—————————————————————————

Anya ran a hand through her hair, her sigh was barely audible over the music. She tried to drown out the inner voices of the other guests and stop herself from reading their minds. The only person's voice she wouldn't have minded hearing was nowhere in sight. If she really wanted to she could focus and find his thoughts but she chose not to after all what right did she have to read his mind.

Scratch that Anya needed to read his mind at all times in order for operation Strix to succeed. If she failed to help her father complete this mission world peace would cease to exist. Anya herself would never let that happen. She couldn't let that happen. She nodded to herself briefly coming up with a plan before running around trying to find Becky in the crowd. She had arrived with Becky so she had to be somewhat nearby and Anya had just enough energy to look for her alone.

After concentrating really hard on trying to find a familiar voice in her head, 'this party isn't anything like the movies. Where are all the hot guys?' she narrowed down Becky's thoughts and raced in her direction. Anya's head throbbed from all the voices echoing in her head, she wished so bad she could turn off her power at this very moment.

"Becky, did you see where Sy-on boy went?" Anya whined as she tugged on her best friend's arm. clinging to Becky gave her warmth and comfort to the point she felt she could breathe and think again. Becky over the years had become Anya's safe place, someone she could always run to when things weren't going right no matter what. No matter the day or the time if you saw Becky you could assume Anya was there as well clinging to her arm or her hand. One habit Anya had never grown out of was her clinginess towards Becky.

"I haven't seen him Anya but I'm sure he's around here somewhere." A smirk lit up Becky's face as she spoke in a sickly sweet tone "after all Damian would never leave you alone at a party. He's probably beating himself up about not asking you to dance with him."

Go on Anya. Go find your prince charming. I need my ship to sail. I did not watch love in berlin for nothing.

Anya stared at her friend with wide eyes she chose to ignore her friend's thoughts, "Does Sy-on boy even know how to dance with a girl?" Anya closed her eyes and pictured Damian stomping on his dance partner's shoes while devil horns sprung from his head, simultaneously yelling out mean insults to make his partner cry.

Becky giggled and shoved Anya forward, "go find out Anya! I'll be rooting for you"

Anya grumbled about how weird Becky was but carried on searching for her Sy-on boy. While Damian wasn't exactly hers though she heavily believed in the expression of if I named it, it's mine. She had named Damian, Sy-on boy therefore he was hers in a sense. Anya broke from her thoughts when she heard a familiar voice in her head.

Anya turned in his direction and watched the scene unfold in front of her with a face full of amusement. A girl had asked Damian to dance with him, Anya recalled her from her father's notes on people for Anya to befriend; the girl's father had owned several hospitals and was quite renowned in his field.