Brown eyes part 2

Due to popular requests, I decided to write part two! The next update won't be another Soulmate scenario like I originally planned it will instead be a requested Damian jealous one shot, followed by the soulmate au, as you are all reading this I will be writing the next chapter I've been so inspired to write lately idk what it is?! It could be my NyQuil-induced fever dreams or the lack of sleep or a mix of both. I might just pull a Hamilton and write three chapters if I can sit still long enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anya sat on a desk, she rested her head on her hand with her elbow firmly on her leg. She raised an eyebrow at the boy In front of her, she hummed before musing out loud,

"You're not fooling anyone."

Damian hissed at her and rolled his eyes, "like you have a better idea."

Anya frowned, "if I had an idea it would be better than yours!"

Damian stared at her blankly he blinked at her and without another word he went back to his project. He was coloring in his contacts with a brown marker he wanted more than anything to be Anya's soulmate. He decided to screw fate and destiny and make his own decisions. Anya chuckled to herself as she continued to watch Damian, 

"When you go blind from ink poisoning lemme know!"

"Ha. Ha. Ha." Damian mocked Anya, he narrowed his eyes slightly in annoyance he scoffed in even more annoyance, and threw the stupid contacts to the side. 

"Then what do you suggest? How're you gonna explain your green eyes Shrimp?" the annoyance that was swelling and building up died instantly when he looked up at Anya. She had a gentle smile on her face, her finger played with a lock of her hair the air around her was so serene Damian found himself relaxing. 

"Do you need to prove anything?" Her sing-song voice rang in the empty room, a small smirk was placed smugly on her face. 

"As far as I"m concerned you're still my soulmate." She hopped off the desk and moved to stand in front of him, "And it seems like I might just be yours too." Anya poked the corner of his right eye the smirk continued to grow the longer she looked into his eyes.

Damian stood in utter shock his heart raced with an oh-so-familiar speed it almost felt normal to him, a light pink dusted his cheeks much to his annoyance, "What does that even mean?" 

"It means fate is giving you the choice to choose... I think? I don't know. Your right eye is muddled it's not purple anymore it's like a mix of two colors You tell me what that means!" Anya's soft expression turned to a strange one as she tried to fathom what was happening. A dumbfounded expression seemed to match her mood as she tried to figure out what this could mean.

Damian's eyes widened an amazed look replaced his annoyed one, a small smile danced on his lips as his hand reached up to lightly touch his right eye. He closed his right eye and reopened it he focused carefully and for just a brief moment he was able to see color. 

Damian turned to look at Anya in excitement but when he looked at her his vision flashed and in her place for a split second was a girl with braided silver hair her purple eyes seemed to see right through him. 

He gripped his right eye a cold shiver ran down his spine, and his breath caught in his throat. Just who was that girl? he relaxed his grip on his eye and tried to find a hint of color once again to no avail. 

"You ok Sy-on? I've called your name a couple of times.." Anya trailed off as she lowered her head to look him over making sure he was ok. When she was satisfied with her inspection she looked up at him and continued, "You seemed freaked out. Weirdo, what happened?"

When Damian didn't respond Anya shook his shoulder gently to try to get him to focus and stop zoning out, "Sy-on?" she seemed confused wondering what was bothering him, 'could it be the color of his eyes is affecting his thoughts?' She closed her eyes and tried to listen to his thoughts but his thoughts were jumbled and had no exact words just emotions. 

Anya watched as Damian nearly jumped out of his skin when he came back too much to Anya's surprise his muddled eye was now a solid brown. However, the purple eye was still purple which confused Anya as to what was going on. 

"Sy-on-"

"I saw the owner of this purple eye." 

Anya stared at him in shock Damian's brow seemed to deepen as he entered his thoughts once again, he thought of several scenarios and tried to create a reason for this phenomenon.

'Is letting go the only way? huh.... Goodbye soulmate I guess?' His inner voice sounded cold but Anya could sense the remorse and hurt as he thought his last words. He felt a cold shutter rip down his spine almost like something was trying to escape his body. He winced in slight pain but regained his composure when the pain left almost as quickly as it came.

Anya tilted her head as Damian's thoughts flooded her mind once more, she whined from her head hurting she hated hated hated going through his mind it always gave her a headache from how much he overthought. 

Damian let out a confident chuckle he reopened his eyes to reveal solid brown eyes, "Walk in the park." 

Anya shook her head to clear her head, "You sound almost too happy! Imagine being in love with a commoner? could never be me." Damian's face flushed as he tried to regain his cool collected persona. 

"Don't read my mind Shirmp! I-I would never be in love with a commoner like you! I just felt bad you were a soulmate-less person. Ya, that's right I was being considerate for someone as sad as you." His eyes betrayed what he was really thinking and feeling Anya could read his expressions so well she didn't need to read his mind to know.

"I don't need to read your mind to know how you feel Sy-on." a small smile glided onto her lips, and she hummed before she continued a small blush coating her own cheeks.

"I feel the same way."