Midnight walk

Roles reversed Au!
In this one, Damian is the Orphan esper and Anya is a rich Desmond girl.
Damian and Anya are 14-15 here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damian sat at the kitchen table in front of Loid his eyes trained on the paper in front of him memorizing every single detail.

Anya Desmond
The only youngest and only daughter of the Desmonds. She's rash, unpredictable, and said to be quite violent. Her temper often gets the best of her and she's quick to anger. Hold your tongue when speaking to her and pray her family doesn't end yours.

"Alright. Damian your mission today is to become friends with Anya Desmond. I'm counting on you. Make me proud son." Loid's normally affectionate fatherly voice had gone and instead replaced with a serious Agent Twilight.

Damian nodded his head a cocky smirk made its way to his face, "have I ever given you room to doubt before pops?" Loid cracked a smile at that; he was very pleased with Damian in the short 9 years he's raised Damian he's exceeded all of his expectations. Damian was really intelligent, eager to please, sneaky, but most importantly he never asked hard questions.

When Loid had first adopted Damian he had freaked out not sure how a family was gonna be but Yor and Damian made life so much easier. They easily conveyed a loving happy family; Damian played the part better than Loid had planned the child was very patient and happy to learn anything Loid threw at him. Loid sometimes thought Damian was so quick to act that he could almost read minds or something.

The only thing he was slightly disappointed about was when he enrolled Damian into Eden academy only to find out his target's younger child wasn't enrolled in Eden as intel had suggested. From the rumors, he had gathered she was a difficult child and would often lash out. The only way the Desmonds could deal with her was to enroll her into a boarding school for proper young girls. It was however highly speculated once she behaved slightly better she would move to Eden academy until then Loid still had time to mentally prepare Damian.

Damian had spent many of his years as Eden's top student in his grade, he worked tirelessly to gain as many Stella stars and possibly attract the attention of the older Desmond child. But alas his talents went unnoticed by the older Desmond causing Damian to become undoubtedly frustrated.

Loid nodded his head quite pleased, "you've never given me a reason to doubt you, Damian. However. This Anya girl sounds like a lot of trouble. Be extra careful around her, your safety is far more important." Loids fatherly tone had seeped into his voice, his hand reached over to ruffle his son's hair lovingly.

Damian laughed and tried to sway Loid's hand away; Damian reached up and grabbed Loids hat placing it on his head and simultaneously sticking his tongue out at his father. Loid chuckled and grabbed Damian pulling him to his chest he put him in a chokehold giving him a noogie further messing up Damian's hair.

Laughter erupted in the household the two boys got along so well you would almost assume they were a tight knitted happy family. Yor entered the room with a happy smile that exploded on her face when she saw the scene in front of her, she stifled her laughter as she offered some refreshments.

"I'll make you both proud of me. You can count on me. I'll graduate at the very top of my class earn my Stella stars and then you won't have to worry about anything. (Code for you can count on me to finish my mission. If not my second plan is getting you into the party at the very least to make contact with him.)" pure pride and joy leaked from Damian's voice as he made his declaration.

Yor did know they were spies but involving Yor further than she needed to be in the missions could bring danger to her and neither boy wanted her to get hurt.