Just One Night

Mature Content Warning

A guy like you... should wear a warning...

"Ah, now this is better. I don't have to shout at you," Liv said, sliding onto a stool at the bar.

Draco sat on the one next to her, glancing around. They were getting some looks from the other clientele, who were noticeably older. He was fairly sure that it was because of Liv - he came here often enough that they were likely used to seeing him.

"Blishen as usual, Draco?" the old barkeep said, getting his attention.

Draco turned to look at him, grateful they were on a first name basis. He wasn't sure how much Liv knew about things being from the U.S. but usually he got one of two reactions from women who knew him. They either ran in the opposite direction or threw themselves at him and he wasn't a fan of either. In fact, he found it refreshing being with a woman who seemed to have no clue who he was.

"Yes, please, Charles," he replied.

"And for the lady?" Charles asked, looking at Liv.

"Same, please," she said, smiling brightly at him. The barkeep nodded, then offered Draco a wink as he walked away.

"You come here often?" Liv asked, swiveling around to face him as she crossed her legs. It was hard for Draco to keep his eyes on her face with that one, smooth movement.

"Often enough," he replied.

"Hmm, I see," Liv said, smiling.

"You been in London long?" Draco asked. She shrugged.

"Long enough," she said vaguely. Draco couldn't help but smirk slightly. So that was going to be her game, was it? Well, two could play. "What do you do, Draco? I'm assuming whatever it is, you must be doing well for yourself."

She looked him up and down, taking in his dark suit and crisp grey dress shirt, still smiling slightly.

"Let's say, I do well enough," he said, turning to pick up the glass that Charles had put in front of him. Liv did the same, though kept her eyes trained on him. Though it was still rather dim, he could finally make out that they were a dusky blue. "What about you? Why did you move here?"

Liv grinned before taking a drink and then smoothly putting the glass back down, drawing out her pause. He wasn't sure if she was stalling to come up with a response or trying to build up some sort of anticipation.

"Needed a fresh start," she said simply. "The U.S. was getting a bit old. Wanted to see what Britain had to offer."

She turned back towards the bar, her foot brushing against his leg. Draco wasn't quite sure just what came over him, but he felt a jolt of electricity shoot through at just the brief touch.

"And so far?" he asked, still managing to keep calm and collected.

"So far, not bad," Liv said lightly. "The people are nice."

"Nice enough that you left them at the last bar without a word?" Draco asked. She chuckled.

"Eh, I'm a big girl. And besides, it's not like I'm in any trouble, right?" she replied, raising an eyebrow as she picked up her glass again, holding it just in front of her lips.

"As I recall, you're the serial killer. I should be the one asking if I'm in trouble," he said.

"Hmm, true," Liv said before taking another drink. "But didn't you say you were a serial killer hunter?"

"I don't kill on the first meeting," Draco said casually. "Need to gather evidence first that you are, indeed, a serial killer. I'm starting to doubt you."