Falling for You

Mature Content Warning

I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic?

Draco sighed heavily as he leaned against the island in his kitchen. He had been pacing around it for what felt like hours now, his mind in constant turmoil as the happiness from hearing Olivia say his name gave way to fear. Just because she was feeling something towards him didn't mean that it would all turn out alright. This wasn't a bloody fairy tale or one of those damn muggle films where everything faded to black after the two people confessed their love to each other and went off to live their happily ever after.

There was a reason stories ended before getting into all that shit. Happily ever after rarely happened in real life.

In fact, the look on her face when he had asked her why she had said his name told him that ever after very well might be anything but good.

It was clear now that she had thought Wood had been him. Had thought he was the one behind her. That didn't necessarily mean that she had wanted him, though her voice had been full of desire. But perhaps she was just as intoxicated with him as he was with her.

However, what did any of this mean? How could they work together - do research together - if this was getting in the way? Was it even possible? They had nearly kissed the other night as it was. He was dreaming about her nearly every night. Fantasizing when he was awake. He couldn't stop thinking about her.

Draco gripped the edge of the counter tightly, shaking his head. He needed to find a way to get over this. To stop thinking about her. To somehow flush his system of the toxin that was Olivia De Loughrey.

Maybe Blaise was right and it was time for him to leave the Ministry. Finally strike out on his own. But did he truly want to give up all the work he had down over the years because he couldn't stop thinking with his dick?

A haggard laugh escaped his lips as he pushed off the island and walked over to pour himself a drink. He knew that it was more than that. This wasn't simply wanting to fuck someone - otherwise he would have done so by now and been done with it. Olivia would have been out of his system long ago. No, this was something deeper. And that terrified him.

None of his relationships ever worked out and there was no guarantee that this would either. It was already so complicated.

He took a long drink and looked around his empty kitchen. His empty house. He heard faint laughter in his head, ghosts from that night coming back to haunt him. The way she had smiled at him. Laughed as he threw her over his shoulder to get upstairs. The way she said his name. The house hadn't seemed so empty and dead with her here.

Then he saw her in the lab, her eyes lit up as they made another discovery. The look on her face when she told him about her past, laying her soul open before him. How he felt just being near her. That she made him feel alive in a way he had ever experienced before.

With another haggard sigh, Draco knew that it was going to take a lot more than a drink and quitting his job to get Olivia out of his head.

The door chimed, interrupting his thoughts. Scowling, he looked towards the corridor that led to the front door. If Blaise was here for another pep talk, he just might hex him. He leaned back against the counter, deciding he would let him try, but he wouldn't answer. Eventually Blaise would give up and go away.

The door chimed again. And again. Blaise was determined tonight.

Finally, with a growl, Draco charged down the corridor, intent on letting his best friend have it.

"I'm not in the mood, Blaise," he snapped as he pulled the door open. His eyes then widened as he froze.

It wasn't Blaise standing on his doorstep, but rather Olivia. It was just like his fucking dream the other night. She was still in her work clothes, but her face was blotchy as though she had been crying for hours and her hair was a mess. But still, he couldn't help but find her beautiful.