Making Decisions

With a taste of poison paradise...

Liv paced around her office after sending her new assistant Alexa home for the evening. They had managed to get through most of the reports and she was more than ready to get to the lab and start working.

But she needed a moment.

Monday night, she had nearly kiss Draco.

"Fuck, Liv. Get yourself together," she muttered under her breath.

It had been easier being in the office - there were always people around - and then especially after they had broken the ice. Yea, it had been awkward as hell the last few days, but they were adults. And she needed him for her research - that was abundantly clear. She was just going to need to try and get over this attraction for him and focus on work.

"Yes. Work. Work is good," she muttered as she continued to pace. "It's just work. Fake it until you make it. Eventually you'll get to a point when it'll be okay."

When she wasn't thinking about kissing him non-stop. Or wishing that he would touch her.

A shiver went through her body as she thought back to having his arms around her.

"No. Stop. That's bad," she scolded softly, grateful that everyone else had left for the night. That way she could pace and mutter to herself in peace. Though if she waited too long, there was every chance Draco would come check on her.

But maybe if he found her muttering to herself, he would think she was crazy and back off.

Liv shook her head quickly, trying again to not focus on Draco. The feel of his lips against hers. The look in his eyes on Monday when she told him that she trusted him. When all the walls came down and for a moment she felt as though she was standing naked in front of him, but she didn't care because finally someone looked at her as though they were really seeing her.

The real her. Just Liv.

Liv stopped pacing and braced herself against her desk, her fingers spread out as she closed her eyes. This was wrong. She couldn't feel this way about him. It was just supposed to be one night. And she was dating Oliver. Yes, think about Oliver. Oliver was good.

Draco would get her into so much trouble.

"Oliver," Liv whispered, her eyes still closed.

She concentrated on how safe she felt in his arms. His goofy smile. How he held her at night until she fell asleep. How he tried so hard to keep up with her when she went on one of her long rants about the state of theoretical potions.

His grey eyes.

No. No. Oliver had brown eyes. Focus on brown eyes. Strong arms. Goofy smile.

That goddamn smirk that would make her weak in the knees. Hands that knew exactly where to go. All the right spots to hit. A man who didn't need instruction or guidance, but still let her lead when she wanted to. A tone body that she somehow fit together with perfectly. Someone who didn't look down on her for not being pureblood. Who didn't see De Loughrey when they looked at her. Who pushed her in the right ways.

Someone who didn't shy away from challenging her but still respected her.

Liv could feel her body starting to come alive as a warmth spread through her veins. Her breathing started coming in heavier. She needed to stop this, but she couldn't. She imagined his hands on her hips. His body pressed up against hers. And for a moment, it felt real.

Without opening her eyes, Liv straightened up, feeling his hands move from her hips to her middle. His hot breath on her neck. She tilted it to the side, inviting him. Wet lips against her skin. She needed to stop fantasizing about Draco. She was about to be locked up in her library working with him.