A (Not So) Good Day

You're dangerous...

Draco glanced around the noisy stadium as Blaise and Theo happily chatted about the upcoming match next to him. Calmly, he sipped at his beer, grateful that Flint had given them box seats. Draco never sat in the stands where it was too loud and too hot. In here, they had least had cooling charms and were out of the sun. Not to mention each box had its own concession stand and private bathroom. No long lines so he'd never miss anything in the match.

And there were relatively fewer people to recognize and then glare at him.

"There's no way the Harpies are going to win," Blaise scoffed, looking over at Theo.

"They've got a really good lineup," Theo countered.

"Right, the golden Gryffindors. You're such a traitor," Blaise said, narrowing his eyes at Theo.

"Get off it, even you have to admit that Spinnet, Weasley and Bell are good together," Theo said.

"Back me up, Draco," Blaise said. Draco just smiled slightly as he glanced over at Blaise and then back to the pitch.

"Dunno. Suppose we're going to have to wait and see, aren't we," he drawled. He then got comfortable, looking forward to a day of nothing but Quidditch.

There was then a slight commotion as a noisy group walked into the box, getting a few shouts from some of the others already seated. Some jumped up and walked over to them, seeming eager to chat with whoever it was. Draco frowned, not pleased with the noise, but kept his eyes on the field as the players went through their pre-game warmup.

"You have got to be kidding me," Blaise muttered. Draco looked at him and then back at the group, noticing Weasel Twin, his girl - Jones? No, Johnson - and then... no fucking way.

Groaning, Draco turned and attempted to hide his face slightly as he slunk down in his chair while Oliver Wood introduced Olivia to whoever it was that had gotten their attention as they walked in. She was wearing a Harpies t-shirt, her long, perfect legs on display in a pair of shorts. Wood had his arm around her waist and was grinning brightly, almost as though he had just won the damn Quidditch League Cup all by himself.

What were the odds?

"Maybe she won't see us," Blaise suggested.

Draco glanced down at the group again just in time to catch Olivia's gaze. She smiled at him and then turned to say something to Wood.

"I think we've been spotted," Draco muttered back as he straightened in his chair. She had obviously seen him, so he wasn't about to cower. Olivia then turned and made her way up to them while Wood watched, a cautious look on his face.

"Hello. Funny running into you guys," Olivia said smoothly, though there was a bit of anxiety in her eyes as she looked at Draco.

"Didn't realize you were a Quidditch fan," Blaise said, quickly turning on the charm. Lovely, Draco thought dryly. Now she most definitely would stay and chat. Olivia chuckled.

"I'll admit, I don't know a lot about it, but I like a fun match here and there," she said.

Draco glanced down, seeing the three Gryffindors huddled together as they watched the interaction.

"So how do you know that lot?" he found himself asking as he looked back at her, nodding towards the group with his head. Olivia looked over her shoulder at them.

"Oh, my cousin introduced us. Apparently she went to school with all of them," she said, turning back to him. "She's playing today with their other friend and George's sister, Ginny. Got me the tickets, actually."