iv

"Hyunnie, don't wait for me. I'll be home late." Felix said as he walked down to the living room where the taller was typing away again on his laptop.

It has been a month since their parents came home from Australia where they stayed for a year to tend to their business there, him and Hyunjin since started cohabitating like they had planned originally.

Hyunjin got them a nice, swanky apartment near the university and life has never been easier.

"Why?" The taller lad wasn't even looking at him and just kept his eyes trained on the (presumably) work document on his hand that had Felix pouting.

"Nigel wants to go to the movies." Felix beamed excitedly thinking about his boyfriend.

Remember the guy he bumped into that time at the ice cream parlour? That guy and Jisung happened to have mutual friends named Changbin, Chan and a lad named Seungmin, who is the former's long term boyfriend.

That day when they got back to their friends, Jisung gave him a paper which contains the man's basic information like his name and number, telling Felix to contact him so he could apologize properly in which he didn't because first, he's conservative and one of his rules is to never come after a guy no matter what the circumstances may be, and he's not about to break that even if Nigel has the cutest smile he's ever seen in a while. Second is, Hyunjin wasn't very happy with the idea of him and the probability of him going out with a stranger he and their friends didn't know.

Hyunjin has been very protective of him since they were young and Felix always listens to him because Hyunjin always had better judgment when it comes to most situations and most people.

But the world always turns and it just happens that it turned for the better when Felix and Nigel got to meet again when their and Jisung's other group of friends bumped into each other at the school cafeteria a week after that. And what's even more better is that Nigel was with them when that happened.

What's that if not destiny? And who is he to go against it?

So they exchanged numbers after that. Two groups started to merge into one until they started hanging out just the two of them then Nigel finally asked him out.

He saw Hyunjin paused for a bit, then proceeded with his work, "okay." Is all he said, not even throwing the freckled boy a glance.

Felix sighed. Hyunjin has been acting weird lately. He has buried himself in more work and barely goes out of his study. He also had been acting a little cold and distant, but Hyunjin brushed it off saying he's just busy when Felix tried to talk to him about it.

He even told Hyunjin that he had been missing him and he's feeling lonely, but Hyunjin still didn't give him the attention that he asked for, having him worried sick. Usually, Hyunjin would drop everything off for him the moment he says he misses him, but at that time, it's like his words were falling on deaf ears.

"Hyunnie, I know I've asked you this before, but are we really okay?" He asked worriedly, his anxiety so far up the roof.

Hyunjin was everything but cold and distant, especially to Felix. He could be rude to everyone, ignore and brush everyone off, but never Felix... or so he thought until a few weeks ago.

"Yeah, we're fine." Hyunjin then got up from his seat, "Take care." Said the taller before disappearing into the kitchen with his mug, leaving a sad Felix behind.

Clearly, they aren't okay seeing as Hyunjin didn't even give him a kiss knowing he's going out, nor did he tell Felix to text him updates like he always does.

Hyunjin has been acting strange and something shifted in their relationship for sure, but Felix tried not to think about it too much seeing as the taller doesn't really want to address it with him at the moment.

It's alright, they're okay. Maybe Hyunjin is really just busy with things, and couldn't take a break.

He'll just let his best friend cool off, then Hyunjin will apologize to him and shower him with attention.

It's okay, he had nothing to worry about. After all, he believes when Hyunjin tells him they're fine.